Albany vs Wayne State. Please, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ceverus

Reaction score
I keep going back and forth with this one. Any input is appreciated, please!

Here is what I know:

Albany: Good reputation, good training, good matching, expensive, no P/F, safer location, so cold.
Wayne: ranked, great training, good matching, expensive as OOS (from FL), P/F, rougher location, so cold.

Members don't see this ad.

Albany is a quick plane ride to FL (and the Albany airport is easy to manage). All of the Albany rotations can be done at AMC, so you don't have to navigate to other hospitals in the bad weather.

Reactions: 1 users
Albany is a quick plane ride to FL (and the Albany airport is easy to manage). All of the Albany rotations can be done at AMC, so you don't have to navigate to other hospitals in the bad weather.
I appreciate this answer. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Wayne allow you to get IS tuition after establishing Michigan residency?
I’m assuming they have the general rules. You usually can’t stablish residency as a student. You have to work in the state for a year or something.

M1 at AMC - our preclinical curriculum is essentially P/F. In a given unit, ~130 students will get a letter corresponding with pass, 10 will get a high pass or honors, and 1-2 will not pass. There is not a competitive vibe and I do not have any additional stress to aim for a high pass or honors. All of the longitudinal themes are P/F.

Let me know if you have any questions about AMC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users