All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve only been here a month and I have my first surrender :laugh: couldn’t bear to euthanize this sweet baby angel though. Sooooo she might be coming home with me Monday :laugh:
Update on kitty: her tube is out (!!) and my mom is adopting her 😍 I’m bringing her up tomorrow! My parents haven’t had any pets of their own since our lab passed suddenly four years ago and they are super excited.
 
Officially 2 years with this goof 😍

F239A748-B02E-41B1-823F-B6F0C43316CC.jpeg
5BA62E0A-CFF5-4568-8F86-0AB7A15FBB63.jpeg
80AD09CD-EB5E-410D-885A-1C74CCE6B97A.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend got me a belated birthday gift. It was put off for a little while due to school and COVID and work, then when she ordered it the print size she wanted wasn’t available so they upgraded to a larger one for free. So now I have a 3 foot tall picture of Admiral Peter on my wall.
3F01B910-6C35-4063-9D89-1CA48EB90320.jpeg

CB510501-5933-4FFE-B2C4-31539EEF179E.jpeg
 
My friend got me a belated birthday gift. It was put off for a little while due to school and COVID and work, then when she ordered it the print size she wanted wasn’t available so they upgraded to a larger one for free. So now I have a 3 foot tall picture of Admiral Peter on my wall.View attachment 315608
View attachment 315609
I got my sister one of those of her two cats for her birthday!!!
10/10 amazing present.

8A495808-2E9C-435E-8FEE-C6C5E9BE094C.jpeg
 
My friend got me a belated birthday gift. It was put off for a little while due to school and COVID and work, then when she ordered it the print size she wanted wasn’t available so they upgraded to a larger one for free. So now I have a 3 foot tall picture of Admiral Peter on my wall.View attachment 315608
View attachment 315609
I got my sister one of those of her two cats for her birthday!!!
10/10 amazing present.

View attachment 315622
Wow I need this
 
Wow I need this
Highly recommend. She got it through an ad she saw on Instagram. Funny enough, I saw those ads too and when I saw her pick up my gift from FedEx and noticed the shape, I said “it’s probably a picture of Peter as like, a navy admiral or something.” I was half joking, but those ads really do know what you want before you even realize you want it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright you guys, I got a mystery to solve. One of these EXTREMELY BAD HORSES has figured out how to turn the water tap on. Whodunnit??? Seven, Diego or Manny??

I thought I was losing my mind forgetting to turn it off the last couple days... then this afternoon I saw it was overflowing again! So went and turned it off. Just now was sitting in the basement and the well pump was going... and going... and going... checked all the taps and toilets in the house, nothing. Saw the horses all standing around the waterer... could it be?? You bet it is, waterer overflowing again 😵 I’m putting a nozzle end on it now :laugh:

118247287_10158698109008189_9200203437004731286_o.jpg
 
Alright you guys, I got a mystery to solve. One of these EXTREMELY BAD HORSES has figured out how to turn the water tap on. Whodunnit??? Seven, Diego or Manny??

I thought I was losing my mind forgetting to turn it off the last couple days... then this afternoon I saw it was overflowing again! So went and turned it off. Just now was sitting in the basement and the well pump was going... and going... and going... checked all the taps and toilets in the house, nothing. Saw the horses all standing around the waterer... could it be?? You bet it is, waterer overflowing again 😵 I’m putting a nozzle end on it now :laugh:

View attachment 316570
DIEGO. He’s jealous you’ve been paying attention to seven more and that seven got to go on a special trip and he didn’t
 
Peter did his first blood donation today! I’m so proud of him. He’s such a good boy.
254364EE-FC03-430A-BA83-5C3A4C83EFCB.jpeg

Edit: I just noticed the tear drops streaming down his face from his left eye as a result of the eye lube (because cats can’t cry, duh), but damn it makes this look so sad
 
Last edited:
Peter did his first blood donation today! I’m so proud of him. He’s such a good boy.
View attachment 317957
Edit: I just noticed the tear drops streaming down his face from his left eye as a result of the eye lube (because cats can’t cry, duh), but damn it makes this look so sad
***cue Sarah McLachlan*** ***IN THE ARMS OF AN ANGEL!!!!!!***
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Extremely bad goats using Diego as a jungle gym 😵 They have gotten so big since we got them!!! I swear every morning when I go to let them out of their pen they are an inch taller. Lol. But in other news they are super friendly now, come when called, and can roam around the backyard/horse pastures freely without any issues. They're basically like having dogs, but they eat grass and don't bark :laugh:

119458728_10158758781173189_6699156023742224688_o.jpg
 
My cat presented for her annual dental exam and teeth cleaning. Everything was fine, but she ended up getting 2 incisors extracted.

When I brought her home, she was groggy and her eyes were wide open, you know that big eye look.

I stayed up with her for the rest of the night to make sure she was okay.

Her GP DVM said I did NOT need to stay awake all night, but you know, she's my sweet little cat, and there was no way I was falling to sleep "just in case" she needed me.

My cat didn't go to sleep either, and rested comfortably on a soft blanket next to me. I gave her lots of love, and she rubbed her head against my hands, and responded with those muffled purring sounds that seem to be associated with cats recovering from anesthesia.

The next morning, I went to work. When I returned home, my cat was fine, but all of the cabinet doors in my home were wide open!

Every time my cat returns home from the veterinary hospital, she OPENS every single cabinet door that is accessible to her - and there are LOTS of them! She has a knack for doing this even though many of the cabinet doors have kid-proof magnets installed on them. I don't know how she gets them open; she must have strong paws.

So my home was filled with OPEN cabinet doors, all over the place, upstairs and downstairs.
As for my cat ... she just welcomed me with a happy purr and seemed very pleased with herself. I love my cat! All was well.
cat.gif
 
Last edited:
My cat presented for her annual dental exam and teeth cleaning. Everything was fine, but she ended up getting 2 incisors extracted.

When I brought her home, she was groggy and her eyes were wide open, you know that big eye look.

I stayed up with her for the rest of the night to make sure she was okay.

Her GP DVM said I did NOT need to stay awake all night, but you know, she's my sweet little cat, and there was no way I was falling to sleep "just in case" she needed me.

My cat didn't go to sleep either, and rested comfortably on a soft blanket next to me. I gave her lots of love, and she rubbed her head against my hands, and responded with those muffled purring sounds that seem to be associated with cats recovering from anesthesia.

The next morning, I went to work. When I returned home, my cat was fine, but all of the cabinet doors in my home were wide open!

Every time my cat returns home from the veterinary hospital, she OPENS every single cabinet door that is accessible to her - and there are LOTS of them! She has a knack for doing this even though many of the cabinet doors have kid-proof magnets installed on them. I don't know how she gets them open; she must have strong paws.

So my home was filled with OPEN cabinet doors, all over the place, upstairs and downstairs.
As for my cat ... she just welcomed me with a happy purr and seemed very pleased with herself. I love my cat! All was well. View attachment 318544
Pics of cabinet doors open or it didn’t happen...

jk your cat sounds adorable!
 
Pics of cabinet doors open or it didn’t happen...

jk your cat sounds adorable!
@alissa14 ... I have a better idea. 🙂

My cat has to return to the veterinary hospital in a few weeks for a re-check.

After I bring her home, you can be her "cat sitter."

Then you can see the open cabinet doors for yourself. :cat:
 
Last edited:
@alissa14 ... I have a better idea. 🙂

My cat has to return to the veterinary hospital in a few weeks for a re-check.

After I bring her home, you can be her "cat sitter."

Then you can see the open cabinet doors yourself. :cat:
You should totally nanny cam her lol. Your cat seems very intelligent. I’m not sure she would open the cabinets if she know someone was watching her. Maybe even a nanny cam wouldn’t work...
 
Took the doggos to a mobile vaccine clinic today for heartworm tests because I don't want to pay for exams (exams are important, I just feel like it's something I can do myself at this point so I don't want to spend money on it), and the vet asked if they go to dog shows because they were so pretty and well behaved.

Well yes, yes they do. 😀
 
When I moved to Virginia in July I knew I needed an activity and some local friends outside of vet school for my sanity, so I started volunteering with a horse rescue (I feed one day/week). I met this horse on my first "shift" and felt we had an instant connection. So I started lessoning on her and loved her even more. And now I'm officially leasing her! (Maybe I'll adopt her in the future, idk 😛)
Everyone meet Lena, a late teens one-eyed Appaloosa mule! She definitely has her stubborn moments but she's really great under saddle and has the cutest trot ever! 😍

1602346526329.png


1602346567927.png


1602346771727.png
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad