All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Opinions on Meowijuana brand catnip? I have about $60 worth in my amazon cart right now, and that seems excessive...


Also, some of them have extra additives like lavender, chamomile, peppermint and passionflower. I don't think those are harmful to cats, but I feel like cats wouldn't like them...? (I know silvervine and valerian root are cat-approved 'nip alternatives; not worried about those).
 
Merry white Christmas from Judy :biglove:
98ACF094-7099-42A5-B811-43C67ADC9BB5.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp, 2021 is off to a great start. Our cat Fluffy ran off into the woods this morning when the cats were unsupervised outside (they’re indoor cats who are spoiled with (usually) supervised outings). My brother caught a glimpse of him in the woods early on but we weren’t able to find him again, and he’s the most non-food-motivated cat in existence so we’ve been trying to find him all day to no avail. We’re leaving out a water bowl and his cube bed on the back patio so hopefully we’ll find him tomorrow, and the one good thing about Florida is that it’ll be in the high 60s tonight so at least he won’t be cold. Not a great sign for the rest of the year though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Over the last day or two...

1) Smart Cat learned how to raise both paws up over his head to the prompt "stick em up!" (toy story voice encouraged)

2) Good@Sports Cat learned how to sit (sort of)
I've been so busy with pup training I've fallen behind on the fluff boy's. This is inspirational!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gotchu. Well I can do pics. I've taken so many.

Anywho, meet my new axolotl. He is not yet named but several people have started calling him Toothless after we figured out the dragons in How to Train Your Dragon were inspired by axolotls...it might stick :laugh:

View attachment 328139
My boyfriend and I literally just watched this movie trilogy!!! So good! And such a cute lil guy
 
A conversation between me and cat...

Cat: "pick me up"
Me: *picks up*
Cat: "put me down"
Me: *puts down*
Cat: "pick me up"
Me: "I am busy now, too late"
Cat: "you suck. feed me now even though I ate 5 minutes ago or else"
Me: "Or else what?"
Cat: "I will meow incessantly"
Me: "Doesn't work on me. You're not getting fat"
Cat: *gives up on meowing after about 15 seconds*
--30 seconds pass--
Cat: "pick me up"
 
A conversation between me and cat...

Cat: "pick me up"
Me: *picks up*
Cat: "put me down"
Me: *puts down*
Cat: "pick me up"
Me: "I am busy now, too late"
Cat: "you suck. feed me now even though I ate 5 minutes ago or else"
Me: "Or else what?"
Cat: "I will meow incessantly"
Me: "Doesn't work on me. You're not getting fat"
Cat: *gives up on meowing after about 15 seconds*
--30 seconds pass--
Cat: "pick me up"
We get to the "I will meow incessantly" stage and then he sings opera for hours. Sometimes I just close him in my room with all the lights off and the white noise machines going and it helps haha
 
My cat received a package containing medication from her veterinary pharmacy.

The package was wrapped to look like a cute little gift box, with lots of crinkly tissue paper inside.

It also included a free squishy little cat toy for my cat and a sanitizing pen for me.

My cat was very happy with the cat toy and the crinkly tissue paper!

Package1.JPG


Package 3.JPG
 
Feeling some empathy for owners as I wait in my car. My pet isn't even sick and it stresses me out a bit to send her in without me. Also I had no idea where to post this so watering hole it is.
Gonna delete this photo later so ya know, don't quote it... but here's some dog tax to compensate for my whining:

:pics:
 
Last edited:
Gonna delete this photo later so ya know, don't quote it... but here's some dog tax to compensate for my whining:

Dilated eyes and so much bright white snow must be a fun a combo. Squinty squinty.
Was she getting some sort of routine ophthalmic screening? I'm assuming maybe something routine for breeding animals like PRA screening or something
 
So beautiful! Is she one of the dogs you show/used to show?
Sort of? Haha, she had the misfortune of being born shortly before I started vet school so she's barely been shown. A few times for fun where she acted like a goof because I didn't train her as well as I normally would have. If all goes well, I'm hoping to make mini-hers later this year.

Was she getting some sort of routine ophthalmic screening? I'm assuming maybe something routine for breeding animals like PRA screening or something

Yup! Usually done annually, though minimally within a year of breeding. And in Aussies at least, we try to get one done on all puppies at about 8 weeks before they go to new homes. This is what the form looks like if you're curious about everything they look for.
 
My cat received a package containing medication from her veterinary pharmacy.

The package was wrapped to look like a cute little gift box, with lots of crinkly tissue paper inside.

It also included a free squishy little cat toy for my cat and a sanitizing pen for me.

My cat was very happy with the cat toy and the crinkly tissue paper!

View attachment 329219

View attachment 329220
This is the kind of pharmacy I aspire to work for
 
It's over, I'm officially adopting Lena. She's basically one of the best things to ever happen to me and has been instrumental in keeping me mentally healthy in vet school. Can't imagine life without her! :biglove:

She also temperamentally she reminds me a lot of my heart dog that I lost last May (my avatar photo).

IMG_5880.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's over, I'm officially adopting Lena. She's basically one of the best things to ever happen to me and has been instrumental in keeping me mentally healthy in vet school. Can't imagine life without her! :biglove:

She also temperamentally she reminds me a lot of my heart dog that I lost last May (my avatar photo).

View attachment 329862
Awww congrats! She is beautiful!!😍