All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Opinions on Meowijuana brand catnip? I have about $60 worth in my amazon cart right now, and that seems excessive...

Also, some of them have extra additives like lavender, chamomile, peppermint and passionflower. I don't think those are harmful to cats, but I feel like cats wouldn't like them...? (I know silvervine and valerian root are cat-approved 'nip alternatives; not worried about those).

Members don't see this ad.

Merry white Christmas from Judy :biglove:
98ACF094-7099-42A5-B811-43C67ADC9BB5.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
01550EB7-CEFC-4C0A-A6F6-B9EE371D91EB.jpeg
E8E3C4DA-4118-418E-8FF2-598E19476CCE.jpeg

Amber says “Meowy Christmas! And I like this box way more than the dress my mom tried to put me in!”

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Happy Christmas from Rhaenys!

Attachments

• E67E6743-9F57-4370-896A-E72465D154AC.jpeg
    E67E6743-9F57-4370-896A-E72465D154AC.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 81
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Welp, 2021 is off to a great start. Our cat Fluffy ran off into the woods this morning when the cats were unsupervised outside (they’re indoor cats who are spoiled with (usually) supervised outings). My brother caught a glimpse of him in the woods early on but we weren’t able to find him again, and he’s the most non-food-motivated cat in existence so we’ve been trying to find him all day to no avail. We’re leaving out a water bowl and his cube bed on the back patio so hopefully we’ll find him tomorrow, and the one good thing about Florida is that it’ll be in the high 60s tonight so at least he won’t be cold. Not a great sign for the rest of the year though.

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Fluffy was spotted!!!! He ran away when we tried to come near him of course but he’s alive!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
D530C5D5-D7DB-43A6-BA7F-FC3442C5D2E3.jpeg
The prodigal cat has returned!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
View attachment 326379The prodigal cat has returned!!!!
What you were experiencing was the influence of 2020 since it was so close to the beginning of the new year. That ****hole of a year just wanted a last huzzah.

Him coming back was 2021s vibe and a good omen. ;)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
What you were experiencing was the influence of 2020 since it was so close to the beginning of the new year. That ****hole of a year just wanted a last huzzah.

Him coming back was 2021s vibe and a good omen. ;)
That’s a great way to think about it, thank you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was definitely greek. I think it was meant to be a god or something. (Roomies cat, posted with permission)
Retsina is a traditional resin-infused wine -- it's aged in scrub pine barrels instead of the usual oak. It's very good (provided it's from a good producer; the bad ones taste like christmas trees).

Anyways, super cute cat

Reactions: 1 user
Well while we're dropping photos of our kitties :love:
PXL_20201219_184759471.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20201226_212754139.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20201226_212754139.NIGHT.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Over the last day or two...

1) Smart Cat learned how to raise both paws up over his head to the prompt "stick em up!" and "reach for the skyyyy" (toy story voice encouraged)

2) Good@Sports Cat learned how to sit (sort of)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Over the last day or two...

1) Smart Cat learned how to raise both paws up over his head to the prompt "stick em up!" (toy story voice encouraged)

2) Good@Sports Cat learned how to sit (sort of)
I've been so busy with pup training I've fallen behind on the fluff boy's. This is inspirational!

No I just want pictures so I brought you to the pets thread
Gotchu. Well I can do pics. I've taken so many.

Anywho, meet my new axolotl. He is not yet named but several people have started calling him Toothless after we figured out the dragons in How to Train Your Dragon were inspired by axolotls...it might stick :laugh:

axolotl2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Anywho, meet my new axolotl. He is not yet named but several people have started calling him Toothless after we figured out the dragons in How to Train Your Dragon were inspired by axolotls...it might stick :laugh:
I LOVE HIM

View attachment 328139
My boyfriend and I literally just watched this movie trilogy!!! So good! And such a cute lil guy

A conversation between me and cat...

Cat: "pick me up"
Me: *picks up*
Cat: "put me down"
Me: *puts down*
Me: "I am busy now, too late"
Cat: "you suck. feed me now even though I ate 5 minutes ago or else"
Me: "Or else what?"
Cat: "I will meow incessantly"
Me: "Doesn't work on me. You're not getting fat"
Cat: *gives up on meowing after about 15 seconds*
--30 seconds pass--

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
A conversation between me and cat...

Me: *picks up*
Cat: "put me down"
Me: *puts down*
Me: "I am busy now, too late"
Cat: "you suck. feed me now even though I ate 5 minutes ago or else"
Me: "Or else what?"
Cat: "I will meow incessantly"
Me: "Doesn't work on me. You're not getting fat"
Cat: *gives up on meowing after about 15 seconds*
--30 seconds pass--
We get to the "I will meow incessantly" stage and then he sings opera for hours. Sometimes I just close him in my room with all the lights off and the white noise machines going and it helps haha

• Haha
Lots of terrier-ing going on over here
Jimmy Bad Dog.jpg

• Love
My cat received a package containing medication from her veterinary pharmacy.

The package was wrapped to look like a cute little gift box, with lots of crinkly tissue paper inside.

It also included a free squishy little cat toy for my cat and a sanitizing pen for me.

My cat was very happy with the cat toy and the crinkly tissue paper!

Package1.JPG

Package 3.JPG

Reactions: 10 users
Feeling some empathy for owners as I wait in my car. My pet isn't even sick and it stresses me out a bit to send her in without me. Also I had no idea where to post this so watering hole it is.
Gonna delete this photo later so ya know, don't quote it... but here's some dog tax to compensate for my whining:

:pics:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
So beautiful! Is she one of the dogs you show/used to show?

Gonna delete this photo later so ya know, don't quote it... but here's some dog tax to compensate for my whining:

Dilated eyes and so much bright white snow must be a fun a combo. Squinty squinty.
Was she getting some sort of routine ophthalmic screening? I'm assuming maybe something routine for breeding animals like PRA screening or something

So beautiful! Is she one of the dogs you show/used to show?
Sort of? Haha, she had the misfortune of being born shortly before I started vet school so she's barely been shown. A few times for fun where she acted like a goof because I didn't train her as well as I normally would have. If all goes well, I'm hoping to make mini-hers later this year.

Was she getting some sort of routine ophthalmic screening? I'm assuming maybe something routine for breeding animals like PRA screening or something

Yup! Usually done annually, though minimally within a year of breeding. And in Aussies at least, we try to get one done on all puppies at about 8 weeks before they go to new homes. This is what the form looks like if you're curious about everything they look for.

Reactions: 3 users
My cat received a package containing medication from her veterinary pharmacy.

The package was wrapped to look like a cute little gift box, with lots of crinkly tissue paper inside.

It also included a free squishy little cat toy for my cat and a sanitizing pen for me.

My cat was very happy with the cat toy and the crinkly tissue paper!

View attachment 329219

View attachment 329220
This is the kind of pharmacy I aspire to work for

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
It's over, I'm officially adopting Lena. She's basically one of the best things to ever happen to me and has been instrumental in keeping me mentally healthy in vet school. Can't imagine life without her! :biglove:

She also temperamentally she reminds me a lot of my heart dog that I lost last May (my avatar photo).

IMG_5880.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
It's over, I'm officially adopting Lena. She's basically one of the best things to ever happen to me and has been instrumental in keeping me mentally healthy in vet school. Can't imagine life without her! :biglove:

She also temperamentally she reminds me a lot of my heart dog that I lost last May (my avatar photo).

View attachment 329862
Awww congrats! She is beautiful!!😍

• Love
Reactions: 1 user