All current applicants: bookmark this list of on-line status check sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/statuscheck.htm

Courtesy of last year's applicant, Drako, by way of Dra. Foxy, two all-time SDN greats!:love:

9/12 addendum to this post: Go to the end of this thread for pocwana's updated list of links.

Members don't see this ad.

SMW, you're AWESOME!! I am going to use my favorite gremlin especially for you.
Wizard.gif

ok, that's a bit morbid but I know you'll like it anyway. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, Tweety! I love your gremlins. :love:

I think I may have started you down the gremlin road once upon a time? I never got past bookmarking the site. I guess that's why A. Caveman described me once as being like a '40's black and white movie. He said my posts needed more flava! Another sign of serious addiction -- remembering random comments like that!!

Thanks!!

It's funny--I used to come on SDN to reply to interesting posts that I could reply to, now I come so i can post my gremlins.
ROTFLMAO.gif

Thank you so much - this is really helpful!

I'd be careful before I go posting my social security number and birthdate online on a page that has no digital certificates.

Have any of these schools addressed this concern?

Just my $ .02

Well, we all used them last year, without any adverse results that I know of. Not all of them require SSN's and birthdates.

I've been a victim of credit card fraud and I imagine identity fraud is no better. I'm amazed med schools don't take this into consideration. There are full time professional losers out there intercrepting that type of data....

I know I'm an internet support person for a large HMO (ouch!)....but give me a break I want to be a doctor.

It's a good heads up. Maybe you should contact the webmasters for the schools that aren't set up right (as if you need another project in the midst of applying to med school! :D ). After what happened with Princeton and Yale recently, you'd think all schools would be upgrading their security! :rolleyes:

Maybe you should contact the webmasters for the schools that aren't set up right

The webmaster would probably forward my name to adcom and they'd scratch me off the potential Entering Class of 200X. Comment next to name, 'whistle blower - too controversial - can't leave well enough alone'.

OK...I'm being paranoid.:rolleyes:

Doubt that the webmaster would have any contact with the adcom, but really, I think it's more likely that you'd be given credit for initiative rather than having it held against you.

i think some of the list isn't up-to-date. the stanford link on that site is wrong. should be http://sms.stanford.edu/sms .

i haven't checked all of the other ones out, but some schools may have changed their sites. just a lil' heads up. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by GoodMonkey
i think some of the list isn't up-to-date. the stanford link on that site is wrong. should be http://sms.stanford.edu/sms .

i haven't checked all of the other ones out, but some schools may have changed their sites. just a lil' heads up. :)

Drako has his email address at the bottom of the site to notify him of any errors, additions, etc. I don't know if he's still maintaining it, but it's worth a try. He was great about it last year.

lemme know if drako's still updating. if not, i'll add the info to my site. thanks for finding this, smw.

Where's your site, pocwana?

Originally posted by SMW
Doubt that the webmaster would have any contact with the adcom, but really, I think it's more likely that you'd be given credit for initiative rather than having it held against you.

I told Harvard how to fix a bug in their secondary and they never wrote me back after that. We'll see what happens...

Originally posted by Neuronix
I told Harvard how to fix a bug in their secondary and they never wrote me back after that. We'll see what happens...

Speaking of which, it's amazing how badly designed some of these apps are. I write web applications as a non-professional, and anything I've written is much better designed than some of these med school apps (Harvard included). It's not like programming is something difficult like playing an instrument. And you'd think with all the dot-com layoffs, they'd be able to find competent programmers...

-RA

pocwana, you are so nice to do this. :)

eh, just makes my procrastinating seem more fruitful :D

Now there's somebody after my own heart.

I love you pocwana. I saw Duke listed in your little list. I logged in, checked my app status, and I found out I am being invited for an interview. Yay! Duke is such a great school! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love you pocwana. I saw Duke listed in your little list. I logged in, checked my app status, and I found out I am being invited for an interview. Yay! Duke is such a great school! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats! :D :D :D

-RA

woo-hoo!! that's awesome, neuro. congrats. :clap: :clap:

bump. pocwana's list seems to be the one to use. :)

OK, sorry, I fixed it! :)

yay for this list! :clap: :clap: i was just procrastinating at work, thought i'd check my northwestern status, found out that i was offered an interview! yee ha! guess the snail-mail hasn't arrived yet, as i didn't get an email.

thanks for all the links folks! :clap:

Bumping once again

wash u, upenn, and stanford only tell you if your application is complete, as far as i can tell. no info about whether you got an interview.

i got invited for an interview at wash u several weeks ago, and nothing has changed on the site.

northwestern is a different story, though, so of course i check that site ridiculously often...

i'm not applying here so i deleted the e-mail before i could copy the address, but my pre-med advisor just sent a note out saying that baylor has status checks now....if anyone else got the e-mail, post that status check website for everyone else, please!!

Originally posted by chopsuey
i'm not applying here so i deleted the e-mail before i could copy the address, but my pre-med advisor just sent a note out saying that baylor has status checks now....if anyone else got the e-mail, post that status check website for everyone else, please!!

does anyone else know about this?

chop, can you request the info from your advisor again?

Its on the website. easy to find

Baylor

Here's the link for Baylor...

You are very welcome...anything to help :D !

bumpity bump....i just checked my status on Pitt's website and it said correspondence was sent. Yikes...I hope it's good not bad news. AHHH!

Good luck, buglady, Got my fingers crossed for you! :)