All Unmatched Us citizens and gc join here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasdoc7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
everybody contact Dr Sam ,who is leading the campain againt the visa policy and also help the citizens and gc who have been denied residency.visit samfordoctors.com his email is [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

here is a federal law that require not qualified aliens (including J visa or H visa) can not receive the federal public benefits which include the professional license. Green card holders are qualified aliens to receive the professional license, medical license.

Read the following:
8 USC 1611. Aliens who are not qualified aliens ineligible for Federal public benefits
Aliens who are not qualified aliens ineligible for Federal public benefits. If you're not qualified, you may not receive "any grant, contract, loan, professional license, or commercial license provided by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States," nor "any retirement, welfare, health, disability, public or assisted housing, post-secondary education, food assistance, unemployment benefit, or any other similar benefit for which payments or assistance are provided to an individual, household, or family eligibility unit by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States." There are exceptions for things like "short-term, non-cash, in-kind emergency disaster relief" and "public health assistance."

8 USC 1641. Definitions (of "qualified alien")
The definitions here determine which aliens qualify for public benefits at the federal, state, and local levels. Naturally, legal permanent residents (i.e. "green card holders") are eligible. So are refugees and those who enter illegally yet are subsequently granted asylum. And, for example, 1641(c)(2) shows that, if you're here illegally but your child has been battered or abused by someone else in your household, you may qualify for public benefits!

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/ ... -000-.html

Go to google www.google.com then put in Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1641 or Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1611, you will find a lot of information.

J visa and H visa , of course, are not qualified aliens. So they can not receive the medical license which is the professional license. J visa and H visa can not receive the federal public benefits. J visa and H visa holders can not receive any medical license. I ask the lawyer, and he verify s this.

This is America, every one have to follow the law. Email, call, talk with the state license board, they should add the requirement " US citizen and Green card holder" to their original medical license requirement in next few weeks. Every one has to follow the law. The NBME once did not allow the test taker to bring the breast pump into the test center, then they get sued. After that, they change their rule. If you do not follow the law, you will get sued, including NBME and state board medical license.

If you do not agree this federal law and do not want to follow it, leave your name here or I will check your IP address and give this information to U.S department of homeland security. If you do not want to follow the American law, you can not stay in U.S.A , no matter how much you score in usmle.

This is the link to the contact information of state board medical license
http://www.fsmb.org/usmle_eliinitial.html

The Arizona state board of nursing has followed this law and write it on their website. Read this: http://www.azbn.gov/News.aspx?ID=71 The PDF form (Statement of Citizenship and Alien Status Form) in this website show the green card holders are qualified aliens who can receive the professional license.

We should ask the federal and state board medical license to write "require documentation of citizenship or legal permanent resident for licensure" on their website in next few weeks. Just like the Arizona State Board of Nursing. This is the law, they have to follow it. No one can break the law, otherwise they will get sued.

Every state also has the law to enforce this federal law. Contact lawyer, senate and law agency in your state to find the state law to enforce this federal law. The number of Arizona state law about this is A.R.S. § 1-501.

Let's united together, send the email to all the state board license, call them, visit them, talk with the senator, judge and the house of respresentatives, state governors in your state, contact president Obama. Tell them this federal law and let them make more laws to emphasize these not qualified aliens ( J and H visa holders) can not receive the medical license, professional license, that is the part of the public federal benefits.

Contact the lawyers, let them tell the federal and state board of medical license to change their rules in order to follow the federal law, state law.

Post this on all the forums about usmle. It does not matter if you are in residency or not, because you do not want these unqualified aliens (J and H visa holders) to take away your fellowship and residency positions. If visa holders do not have the license, they can not apply for the fellowship position.

The information about the senator
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_i ... m?State=MI
The information about the governor of your state, go to http:// www.firstgov.gov and select the state government link.
The contact information about the house of representatives in your area is here:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Law is on our sides.
Send this information to the public news, the newspapers, the TV news. NBC news, ABC news, Fox news, New York Times, Washington Post, etc. Use google search engine to find the contact information of them. www.google.com
Contact the NBC news: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10285339/
Contact the ABC news: http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3068843
Questions can also be submitted via regular mail or by phone to:ABC, Inc. 500 S. Buena Vista Street Burbank, CA 91521-4551 (818) 460-7477
*utilize ABC's nationwide affiliate map to contact your local station

After all states follow the law, program director will not be happy to offer J or H visa because they can not even write a prescription.

Send this message to all the residency program directors, tell them it is illegal to offer any temporary or original medical license to the J, H visa holders and the state board of medical license will have to follow the Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1641, and state law.

Please also read this: http://www.nrmp.org/data/advancedatatables2009.pdf page 4
This is the fifth consecutive year there has been an increase in the number of U.S. citizens who graduated from international medical schools who did not match for a medical residency. There are 1771 US citizen IMG not matched. And I also believe that there are many Qualified Permanent Resident Doctors who left without obtaining a training position. There are 2356 American Students and graduates not matched. At the same time, the J visa and H visa take away more than four thousands of spots. We have to depend on the law to stop this.

All the unmatched U.S citizen and green card holder need to make a strong union. Please send the following message and visit, talk with the national residency match program.
The contact information is here http://www.nrmp.org/contact.html

Dear National Residency Match Program:

I wish to give my email address to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match. We want to contact and help each other. Please do not give my email address to any other applicants. At the same time, I want to get a list which contain all the email address of the all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match.

Please send my email address to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match, not any other applicants. These unmatched U.S citizen and unmatched U.S permanent resident card holders can be American students, International students, American Graduates, American Graduates. They must be unmatched and U.S citizen or permanent resident.

National residency program, could you please send the email to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match, ask them if they want to give their email address to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match and want to get a list which contain all the email address of the all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match?

I am willing to pay any fee associated with this service.
Thanks a lot.

Your Name

All the unmatched U.S citizen and U.S permanent resident card holders, after we get each other’s email address, then we can contact each other. Let us parade in front of the white house, the capital building, the Federal Board of Medical License, the State Board of Medical License, etc. We need let them know the following article. Let them make more laws to protect the American People. Let the federal and state board of medical license change their rules in order to follow the federal law. .

Then we can build our forum, use the email address of the unmatched U.S citizen and U.S permanent resident card holder as the user word to go inside this forum. So we will not be discouraged by these not qualified aliens (J or H visa holders). Only the unmatched U.S citizen and U.S permanent resident card holder can go inside this forum, so we can make a plan.

At the beginning, the American Surgeon did the total breast radical mastectomy to all the woman with breast cancer, while Europe do the breast conserving therapy with radiotherapy. One day, three thousand women paraded in front of the capital and white house. The second day after this, the congress give million dollars to NIH to do research on modified radical mastectomy. Now the modified radical mastectomy replaced the total breast radical mastectomy in most cases. So woman can keep some of their breast. These woman succeed because they make a strong union. The strength of one people is limited, the strength of a strong union is unlimited.

We are American, we need to protect our country, protect our people. United , we stay together.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Sorry to break it to you but the law you quoted does not apply to the states. The Constitution reserves for the states those laws not expressly reserved to the federal government.

Regulation of safety which includes medicine is one that has traditionally been a power of the states. The states grant medical licenses not the federal government. Quite frankly, the current need of the states outweigh the interests of those who did not match. The states need more physicians now regardless of where they came from.

While I do support the AAMC's decision to increase US enrollment, I think that they deserve some time to convince programs to give preferences to U.S. grads.

You may consider enrolling in a Ph.D. program while this transition occurs. Ph.D. candidates in science fields usually do not pay tuition. They earn their keep by teaching students and doing research that leads to publications. M.D. Ph.D's are held at a premium by teaching hospitals.

You may use the time during these years to study a field independently, preferably one that is not traditionally competitive. You may contact programs to see if you can take their inservice exams. Alternatively you could try to improve your board scores. You will definitely need to improve your communication skills.

I would also try to tone down your zenophobic rhetoric. I would not threaten people who do not share your views.

Last edited:
Something in the OPs original and follow-up post tells me this is a green card holder-IMG who did not match.

Good luck matching next year! :laugh:

Geez, such acrimony towards poor IMGs. They must be the devil.
FYI, some of my best, most beloved, most thorough and most devoted professors came to this country as IMGs and started out in the VA system on H1B->GC.

They are gifts to this country and I am grateful everyday to have ever had the privilege of sitting under their tutelage.

Your bitterness and anger should be directed at yourself for your own personal/professional failings. A little introspection might help, in addition to trying to address your deficiencies which resulted in you being unmatched.

Oh and work on your grammar too. I could only get to paragraph 3 on your dissertation as your terrible grammar grated on my eyes/brain!

:idea:
Perhaps it was your grammar that severely handicapped your ability to obtain a residency position.

I find it fascinating that it's usually the ones who have been granted some sort of clemency wrt immigration who work most arduously to deprive others of such benefits.

:thumbdown:

Geez, such acrimony towards poor IMGs. They must be the devil.
FYI, some of my best, most beloved, most thorough and most devoted professors came to this country as IMGs and started out in the VA system on H1B->GC.

They are gifts to this country and I am grateful everyday to have ever had the privilege of sitting under their tutelage.

Your bitterness and anger should be directed at yourself for your own personal/professional failings. A little introspection might help, in addition to trying to address your deficiencies which resulted in you being unmatched.

Oh and work on your grammar too. I could only get to paragraph 3 on your dissertation as your terrible grammar grated on my eyes/brain!

:idea:
Perhaps it was your grammar that severely handicapped your ability to obtain a residency position.

I find it fascinating that it's usually the ones who have been granted some sort of clemency wrt immigration who work most arduously to deprive others of such benefits.

:thumbdown:

if you didn't know, around 9000 visas exist, who have residency in this country, and approx 2000 applicants (minus the ones that made the scramble) were US born IMG's and AMG's that don't have a residency this year. so mathematically he's only asking that 2000 of these 9000 visas be cut out and given to US citizen IMG's and to those AMG's that didn't get preferred. I dont think that is much to ask. the trend is teetering to favor visas over their own citizens, which is unfair, so something should b done about it. The US favors its own MD's and visas, but not US citizen IMG's.

if you didn't know, around 9000 visas exist, who have residency in this country, and approx 2000 applicants (minus the ones that made the scramble) were US born IMG's and AMG's that don't have a residency this year. so mathematically he's only asking that 2000 of these 9000 visas be cut out and given to US citizen IMG's and to those AMG's that didn't get preferred. I dont think that is much to ask. the trend is teetering to favor visas over their own citizens, which is unfair, so something should b done about it. The US favors its own MD's and visas, but not US citizen IMG's.

No, if you wade through his atrocious litany, he's demanding that visa holders be rendered ineligible from obtaining medical licenses, thus prohibiting them from residency training ENTIRELY and from fellowship training, not to mention practice- which by the way, VA systems across the country are heavily dependent on foreign-trained physicians to provide care. Being a govt employee is not exactly popular with AMGs.

In essence, he's requesting a ban on all 9000 visas.

Read it again (if your eyes aren't already bleeding. Mine are).

Last edited:

Well, since US IMG's (caribbeans) have higher match rates, I think they are favored over FMG's. The FMG's are just so numerous in number that they get more spots even though at a smaller % rate. That being said, One could also argue that you should only allow individuals who graduate an ACCREDITTED university in their own country of origin/citizenship, thus eliminating all Caribbean medical schools since the LCME does not accredit them... just playing devils advocate here, and the merits of the caribbean schools has been debated to death on other threads, but I have much less problem with FMG's than I do US IMG's

FWIW, I do agree that the scramble should be opened to AMGs first and then to US-IMGs and lastly to FMGs. Because although they do play a vital role in our health education systems and public health systems, each country has a duty to secure its citizen physicians first and then address any deficiencies with willing foreign-trained physicians.

Remember that many of these bedeviled FMGs sacrifice GREATLY especially financially for the opportunity to train and serve here. So in as much as we believe that guaranteed residency training is our due for our many years of tax-paying, these FMGs pay a hefty price for the privilege as well.

Well, since US IMG's (caribbeans) have higher match rates, I think they are favored over FMG's. The FMG's are just so numerous in number that they get more spots even though at a smaller % rate. That being said, One could also argue that you should only allow individuals who graduate an ACCREDITTED university in their own country of origin/citizenship, thus eliminating all Caribbean medical schools since the LCME does not accredit them... just playing devils advocate here, and the merits of the caribbean schools has been debated to death on other threads, but I have much less problem with FMG's than I do US IMG's

:thumbup:

No, if you wade through his atrocious litany, he's demanding that visa holders be rendered ineligible from obtaining medical licenses, thus prohibiting them from residency training ENTIRELY and from fellowship training, not to mention practice- which by the way, VA systems across the country are heavily dependent on foreign-trained physicians to provide care. Being a govt employee is not exactly popular with AMGs.

In essence, he's requesting a ban on all 9000 visas.

Read it again (if your eyes aren't already bleeding. Mine are).

I do agree ppl w/ visas should have a chance, but not obliterate US IMG's.
only around 2881 or so nonUS citizen IMG's matched for PGY1 and PGY2... I think 9000 visas must also apply to combined PGY1, PGY2 and beyond...).

Here is the table someone posted. i dont know how accurate it is:

To the OP, I was able to obtain the JAMA article, here's the full information. Since it's kinda hard to read, here's the summary (IMGs should be treated as a separate column, but I couldn't make a table)
Greencard (20.2%) > H1-Visa (16.2%) > Native US Citizen (PR/Carib, etc.) (14.8%) > J1 Visa = Unknown (Foreign born) (14.1%) > Naturalized US Citizen = Unknown (Unknown Country) (9.2%)

Appendix II, Table 7. Citizenship/Visa Status of All Resident Physicians and IMGs on Duty in ACGME-Accredited and in Combined Specialty Programs, December 1, 2008

Citizenship/Visa Status
Native US citizen: Total 69 740 (64.5); IMG 4366 (14.8)
Naturalized US citizen: Total 9408 (8.7); IMG 2705 (9.2)
Permanent resident (greencard): Total 8620 (8.0); IMG 5965 (20.2)
B-1, B-2 temporary visitor: Total 126 (0.1); IMG 122 (0.4)
F-1 student: Total 305 (0.3); IMG 23 (<0.1)
H-1, H-1B, H-2, H-3; Total: 4984 (4.6); IMG 4777 (16.2)
J-1, J-2 exchange visitor; Total 4280 (4.0); IMG 4152 (14.1)
Refugee/asylee/displaced person; Total 89 (<0.1); IMG 84 (0.3)
Other: Total: 534 (0.5); IMG 437 (1.5)
Unknown citizenship/foreign born: Total 6009 (5.6); IMG 4152 (14.1)
Unknown citizenship/country: Total 4081 (3.8); IMG 2705 (9.2)
Total 108 176 (100.0)
Total IMG: 29 488 (100.0)
Abbreviations: ACGME, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education; IMG, international medical graduate.
a Includes resident physicians on duty as of December 1, 2008, reported through the 2008 National GME Census. A total of 181 programs (2.1%) did not provide updated information
on residents by March 1, 2009. For these nonresponding programs, resident physicians reported from the last received survey were moved into their next year in the
program or graduated, and new residents were added from the 2008 National Resident Matching Program when available.

Here are some 2010 match stats in case anyone wants to evauluate the actual numbers:

There are 25,520 spots in the Match with 33,534 total applicants. 5508 are US IMGS (1946 didn't match--1749 did), 10,671 are nonUS IMGs (4365 didn't match--2881 did). 17,127 are US grads (1078 +747 didn't match). This scramble only had 414 PGY1 positions and 46 PGY2 positions for thousands of left out IMG's to compete for. ( from http://www.nrmp.org/data/advancedatatables2010.pdf)

The thing is though, I dont think they include prematches and scrambling in these data, so that data would be left unknown.

I guess if they put strict priorities over US grad status and US citizenship there is a chance that US IMG's and FMGs may never get in residency ever. That's a little scary!

I think more full residency spots are in order. (not just prelims). Then everyone can be happy and have a residency and not to mention, the increased need for doctors will be addressed. It doesn't cost THAT much-- $1.5 billion for 15,000 spots..(some bill that is still in the process of possibly being passed but supposedly in low likelyhood)..$10 per taxpayer per year is what i calculated.

Last edited: