Allergy and Immunology fellowship app 2011

Started by endopro
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i finally started calling people since it is so late, i need to start changing my mind set from where i would like to go ideally to where i would like to go out of the places that i interviewed.... all rejections so far, but i got a personal email from the program director at ucla and let me tell you, it was one of the nicest rejections letters that i have gotten. he was EXTREMELY pleasant, professional, and couteous... now this is what i'm talking about!!! why can't more people be like this....

another place that i wrote to, the freakin program secretary gave me the rejection from her behalf with the whole, "we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors"... i mean i don't hear anything from this place in 4 months and they are actively interviewing candidates right now and as soon as i send her off an email asking the status of my application, she's like we are already interviewing, get lost.... well i guess that's the nature of the beast, no worries...

wannabeaidoc, any word from vandy as yet?? i'm waiting on them too....
 
Hey guys,

wanted to find out impression on the UPenn program for those who interviewed there already-- I know that they have an inpatient A/I ward and also didn't take fellows last year -- any input/opinion would greatly appreciate it. I hope everyone is staying strong and hope everyone gets their top match
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, There are a few outdated threads on this site about AI and I was curious what advice you would give a current third year DO student at this time.

Im interested in peds, but I like dealing with adults as well. Right now I am thinking very strongly of doing AI for personal reasons, and I like the outpatient part of medicine.

Im thinking at this point to only apply to programs with fellowships programs in AI, and at the same time wondering if that is a smart way to go. Do programs take their own? Is it easier to get AI from IM?

I have never done research n the past, but I would love to do some, at what point do I try and get involved in some AI research, and how would i go about finding any?

Also I have the obligatory salary question, how much to AI docs make these days? Is it a dying field or growing?

Thanks for answering any of these questions, and if you have any more advice let me know.
 
Hi everyone, I was hoping somebody could set me straight with something about fellowship programs. Allergy/Immunology has long been a interest of mine, mainly because I've suffered with asthma and seasonal allergies all my life and I find the science behind why these things happen very interesting. Is basic science or clinical research a necessity to be competitive for a fellowship in this area, even if you are intending/planning to go into primary care/clinical practice as an allergist and not do research as your career?

I guess a easier way of what I'm saying is, even if you are planning to go into clinical practice as your career, is a research a necessary component in applying for fellowship programs and if so when during med school or residency is the best time to get that basic or clinical research done???

look forward to hearing your thoughts and information!!
 
hey everyone... nobody has posted here in a while (assumed that everyone was busy with interviews etc.) first off, good luck to everyone for their rank lists... and secondly, when do the programs have to submit their lists... ours are due tomorrow and is it the same for the programs??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hard to believe that this whole process has come to an end. Hope everyone is happy! Will be starting fellowship at Kaiser in So Cal!!!🙂
 
Oooooohhhh. So you're the one with the metaphorical "golden piss" 😉

Congrats.


Dolphins are also known to appear when I approach large bodies of water and I can emanate sunshine from my eyes...not really, but I'm very happy to have matched. It was a fairly stressful and long interview season. Hope you matched as well, lots of great programs out there 🙂
 
Dolphins are also known to appear when I approach large bodies of water and I can emanate sunshine from my eyes...not really, but I'm very happy to have matched. It was a fairly stressful and long interview season. Hope you matched as well, lots of great programs out there 🙂

happy to say that i am a soon to be BuckEye... my first choice!!! 😀