Allergy/Immunology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VA Hopeful Dr

Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a quick question concerning Allergy/Immunology fellowships. This may be something of a generalization, but I've noticed that many allergist/immunologists see a goodly number of children during the course of the day. From reading the FAQ sticky on internal medicine, I noticed that it is made quite clear that pediatric medicine is something that internists are not really given much exposure to in residency (If I'm wrong in thinking this, I hope someone will correct me).

So my question is this: during an allergy/immunology fellowship, is there any extra training in pediatric medicine?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Members don't see this ad.

VA Hopeful Dr said:
I had a quick question concerning Allergy/Immunology fellowships. This may be something of a generalization, but I've noticed that many allergist/immunologists see a goodly number of children during the course of the day. From reading the FAQ sticky on internal medicine, I noticed that it is made quite clear that pediatric medicine is something that internists are not really given much exposure to in residency (If I'm wrong in thinking this, I hope someone will correct me).

So my question is this: during an allergy/immunology fellowship, is there any extra training in pediatric medicine?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Allergy fellowships can be entered from IM or Peds. As an Internist you will learn all the peds you need to know during the fellowship.So thats not a problem,from what I'v seen.

my understanding of allergy/immuno. field is pretty limited. besides asthma, what sorts of cases do they handle. additionally, what is the lifestyle like and salary?

boston DO said:
my understanding of allergy/immuno. field is pretty limited. besides asthma, what sorts of cases do they handle. additionally, what is the lifestyle like and salary?

Lifestyle is cush and pays a little better than IM.