Toejam

Terminal Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 12, 2002
35 miles from Pomona
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I spent the entire #@$%ing day yesterday finishing my secondary to COMP, saving it all the while to my hard drive and sent a copy home. Of course, I tried printing it before saving it, but the window that popped up to print did not allow me to access the actual print button. Nice. So, I figured I'd send a copy home and print it there.

Guess what!?!? When I went home to open up the mail, the application was there, but there wasn't any text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, when I came back to work to see if there was anything in my sent box, there wasn't any text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought, maybe, just maybe COMP had the foresight to have something built in to the app that would save it automatically. NO!!!!!!!

ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2002
New England
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by Toejam

ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ,

Let me start off by saying I totally feel for you - I've been there a few times.

Now, I *always* write secondary essays using a WP with autosave q 5 min, then cut and paste into the secondary if it allows me to, or modify the margins of the essay to fit the preprinted secondaries' margins.

All is not lost - you've already written them, now recall and edit on the fly. You have another chance at polishing your work before submission.

- Tae

About the Ads

Fenrezz

AT Stills Worst Nightmare
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Ft. Tulsadale
Status (Visible)
One day, when I have some time, I'm going to create a new product (assuming no one has invented this yet).

It's a block of a thin metal shaped like a computer, and painted to look like one. It's only use will be to take the brunt of your anger when you beat the crap outta it with a bat (optional $35). However it will be made so that it can take plenty of heavy whacks before its bent completely out of shape. For use only in a "computer induced psychotic rage" emergency.

DOtobe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
www.myspace.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by Fenrezz
One day, when I have some time, I'm going to create a new product (assuming no one has invented this yet).

It's a block of a thin metal shaped like a computer, and painted to look like one. It's only use will be to take the brunt of your anger when you beat the crap outta it with a bat (optional $35). However it will be made so that it can take plenty of heavy whacks before its bent completely out of shape. For use only in a "computer induced psychotic rage" emergency.

Sign me up for one of those! :laugh:

I hate computers... +pissed+

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads