1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Allow Me To Vent!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Toejam, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

I spent the entire #@$%ing day yesterday finishing my secondary to COMP, saving it all the while to my hard drive and sent a copy home. Of course, I tried printing it before saving it, but the window that popped up to print did not allow me to access the actual print button. Nice. So, I figured I'd send a copy home and print it there.

Guess what!?!? When I went home to open up the mail, the application was there, but there wasn't any text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, when I came back to work to see if there was anything in my sent box, there wasn't any text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought, maybe, just maybe COMP had the foresight to have something built in to the app that would save it automatically. NO!!!!!!!

ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    TJ,

Let me start off by saying I totally feel for you - I've been there a few times.

Now, I *always* write secondary essays using a WP with autosave q 5 min, then cut and paste into the secondary if it allows me to, or modify the margins of the essay to fit the preprinted secondaries' margins.

All is not lost - you've already written them, now recall and edit on the fly. You have another chance at polishing your work before submission.

- Tae

4. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the positive encouragement, Tae, who is not the same Tae that I went to pod school with.

5. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

One day, when I have some time, I'm going to create a new product (assuming no one has invented this yet).

It's a block of a thin metal shaped like a computer, and painted to look like one. It's only use will be to take the brunt of your anger when you beat the crap outta it with a bat (optional $35). However it will be made so that it can take plenty of heavy whacks before its bent completely out of shape. For use only in a "computer induced psychotic rage" emergency.

6. DOtobe

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Sign me up for one of those! :laugh:

I hate computers... +pissed+