Already applied but haven't heard back...getting anxious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreddieH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 31Q (8V 11PS 12BS) and a 3.83 cgpa along with a 3.7 sgpa. Loaded with EC's including leadership positions, volunteering, clinical, shadowing, and research.

I finished my last secondary at the end of august and haven't heard back from any schools (31) with interviews or rejection notices.

I went to a CA state school and am a CA resident so I am concerned that the prestige of my university may affect my app and I worry about the large spread in my MCAT scores (8V).

Any thoughts on my situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Good GPA, Good MCAT. Don't worry that 8 is sitting between an 11 and a 12. It could be worse, trust me I know. I think you should be hearing back soon. Don't start panicking just yet, you have good stats.

From what I have heard from other medical students, schools will be sending interviews from now until April. Low stat and high stat people are dealt with pretty quickly and then the rest of the mid-range people are in for a long and stressful process. I would say keep working hard and update schools around december/january with new stuff you have done. Doing that could push you into an interview at some schools.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you know how state schools are evaluated in the process or if they even speak to an applicant at all? I've heard mixed sentiments so that worries me too.