alterate lists ugh!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willinghamwilliamwayne788

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there been placed on more than two alternate lists. I have, I'm on three. Can anyone out there emplathize with this situation? And also isn't it frustrating when schools are still interviewing when there are numerous sometimes over fifty people waiting for them to take alternates!

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain. I'm on 3 lists myself.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll be applying again next year. If in the meantime I get a call, so much the better. Until then I've just let it go and forgotten about it. Stressing over alternate lists is as fruitless as stressing about the weather. Life is too short for that nonsense.

Good luck.

Bill, hang in there! Have you heard anything about the alternate lists from the individual schools? You will find your way, I'm sure of that.

P.S. Guess who I am?? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
2 alternate lists here. I'm sure there will be some movement come June.

Which lists are you people on?

Triple W,

I could empathize with your situation, I was on the alternate list 2 years in a row at COMP. In fact, I wasn't even on that list... it was a wait/hold list. It was basically the alternate's alternate list. Talk about being in limbo!

Just make sure you keep in touch with the admissions dept constantly and let them know what you're doing to enhance your application.

The first year, I didn't make it in. But the second year, I was admitted 3 weeks prior to the first day. In fact, I had a friend who was admitted the day before.

So don't lose hope, but try to be realistic about the situation as well. For me not to get too frustrated, I assumed that I wasn't going to school that fall and was under the assumption that I was going to reapply the next year.

Hang in there, if you want it bad enough... you'll get in.

-Eric, MSIII
WesternU/COMP

i feel your pain, i am also on 3 alternate lists: UHS, AZCOM, OSUCOM. still holding out hope but i'm pretty much resigned to applying for next year. oh well

I feel your pain.
I recieved a letter from UMDNJ-SOM saying I was acceptable, but on the alternate list. There is hope, but I am resigned to apply for this next year. I'll just have to wait until around July to send the app in.
I was surprised. I thought I would have gotten rejected (MCATs aren't that hot). I took Kaplan and thus the MCATs this April, and I am hopeful that this time around I will get in.
Triple W, stay focused. The waitlist means you do have something to offer. Be patient. Things happen when they happen.

OUsooner, don't abandon ship yet! Remember, you could be contacted by any of the schools, perhaps as late as the first week of classes. You're smart to prepare for all contingencies (such as if in case you don't get in anywhere), but also remember it's an accomplishment not only to get an interview, but to make it to the alternate list. :clap: Keep your bags packed!

Thanks, buck trying to keep the hope alive. i have an interview left at KCOM so hopefully i can go nail it and have something in the bag. we'll c

Anyone on the UMDNJ-SOM waitlist?
Do you know how many people, on average, accept then don't wind up going?