Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocGina

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of us who have interviewed and are on the Alternate list. Is it because we don't have a 40 MCAT? Maybe. What does this mean? Should be worried, happy, or just relax because it is only October?
:confused::scared::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

OP - i think i saw you on the UF thread. you should know that most people that UF takes are indeed accepted from their waitlist, and that they accept relatively few people outright. send them updates to let them know you're still interested!

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends a lot on the school; I'm sure above poster is right about UF. At some schools, they like to do their accepting outright, and the waitlist is just somewhere 95% of people get strung along for a few months. But other places may do a bunch of their acceptances from the waitlist. It's difficult to make any blanket statements one way or the other.

Better than rejected outright, anyway.

Edit: Oh, and the point of this all anyway: I had a 40 MCAT. Guess where I got accepted off of? Don't fret yet. Hang in there!

Maybe you did not preform well in interview, or maybe your ECs were not stellar, or...who knows what's wrong!