ALTERNATIVES TO USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjoshi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a medical graduate from India, I want to study in united states and gather some more knowledge.But I am scared of USMLE Exam.Are there some other specialities where i can get thru' without USMLE Scores. I do not mind pathology or microbiology or other basic sciences.
please let me know if I have some other options?
RONJA

Members don't see this ad.

Ya, go to Osteopathic schools and take the COMLEX. However, it is as difficult as the USMLE, or, should I say, even harder!

The only path to licensure and a spot in residency training in the United States, without an osteopathic medical degree, is by taking the USMLE.

There are no alternative pathways (I believe).

One thing you might consider is going through medical school again here in the US. One other thing you might want to consider is going to osteopathic school at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, where they have an "Accelerated Program for Emigre Physicians." It's an accelerated osteopathic medical program designed for people such as yourself who want to practice in the US as osteopathic physicians. You can check out their website at www.nyit.edu

Tim of New York City.

I am a medical graduate from India, I want to study in united states and gather some more knowledge.But I am scared of USMLE Exam.Are there some other specialities where i can get thru' without USMLE Scores. I do not mind pathology or microbiology or other basic sciences.
please let me know if I have some other options?
RONJA
hope it worked out man!