Altius CARS and Psy/Soc: How is their CARS section compare to AAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hasniii

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took Altius FL 1: Wanted to hear your opinions about their CARS and Psychology/Sociology section?

Members don't see this ad.

I've only taken 2 Altius FL's but I thought their CARS section was weird. It had a pretty different feeling compared to AAMC's practice material. Felt like I had to reach a little too far to infer certain answers. P/S sections weren't too bad but the curves were harsh.

I've only taken 2 Altius FL's but I thought their CARS section was weird. It had a pretty different feeling compared to AAMC's practice material. Felt like I had to reach a little too far to infer certain answers. P/S sections weren't too bad but the curves were harsh.
Thanks.
I have heard mixed reviews about their CARS section. But I felt like passages were dense like real AAMC passages.
For psych: I have heard real AAMC is mixed of Experimental and Comprehension while Altius Psy/Soc is more focused on Experimental.

I have had trouble with those two sections compared to the AAMC material. The reasoning can be kinda odd.. nonetheless for the price, it's solid, especially if you're just trying to crank through some FL's for practice

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought the Altius test bundle and took all 10 tests and compared to the real MCAT, I feel like the Altius passages focused a great deal on experimental passages and graphs, whereas my MCAT P/S section barely had any graphs at all and it was more application of concepts. Still good tests overall though, I felt the scoring compared to the real thing was fairly accurate.

I bought the Altius test bundle and took all 10 tests and compared to the real MCAT, I feel like the Altius passages focused a great deal on experimental passages and graphs, whereas my MCAT P/S section barely had any graphs at all and it was more application of concepts. Still good tests overall though, I felt the scoring compared to the real thing was fairly accurate.
That's what I thought. I thought P/S is too experimental and a lot less application. But from 3/31 reaction; P/S section was considerably more experimental than before. So that could be a good thing.

Haha, makes me kind of wish I had that test form, since I tend to be better at analyzing data than trying to choose the most representative example of a term! That is interesting. I'll be sure to keep that in mind as I continue to study for my retake! Good luck waiting for your results.