Altius free half- test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MalenurseRN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came across Altius test prep company and decided to take the free half-length test. This is my first half-length and I got a 503. Is this something I need to be concerned with? Planning to take the MCAT in April, 2018.

Members don't see this ad.

I came across Altius test prep company and decided to take the free half-length test. This is my first half-length and I got a 503. Is this something I need to be concerned with? Planning to take the MCAT in April, 2018.

Absolutely not. With 5 months of lead time from your MCAT, any score above 500 is a great starting place. Do your homework on study strategies (TONS of threads and resources here if you look), make yourself a solid plan, STICK to that plan, and you'll do well in April.

A Directory of SDN MCAT Strategies

Absolutely not. With 5 months of lead time from your MCAT, any score above 500 is a great starting place. Do your homework on study strategies (TONS of threads and resources here if you look), make yourself a solid plan, STICK to that plan, and you'll do well in April.

A Directory of SDN MCAT Strategies
How would you approach the next 5 months if you were me?

How would you approach the next 5 months if you were me?

Make a feasible schedule, study long, study well, stay dedicated, take lots of FLs in the last two months.

That's about the most advice I should give, considering I don't know any particulars about your personal situation and MCAT goals.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are in a good spot.
I highly recommend purchasing more Altius FLs. I've taken practice FLs from every test prep company (NS, TPR, Kaplan, TBR, Goldstandard) and Altius is overall the most representative.

You are in a good spot.
I highly recommend purchasing more Altius FLs. I've taken practice FLs from every test prep company (NS, TPR, Kaplan, TBR, Goldstandard) and Altius is overall the most representative.
I second what CJ said above. Altius tests are the GOAT.

503 is actually pretty decent if that was just a cold-turkey test with no preparation. In my experience, diagnostics at the very beginning are semi-worthless. Even some of my students who end up 520+ can start at 500 with zero preparation. I like to have students take an exam 2-3 weeks into the program, at which point the data gets much more meaningful. Students who are diligent and implementing what we teach them will have already made significant progress, and those who are going to struggle will often score about the same as they would have cold-turkey.