Altius vs EK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted446889

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for advice on which practice tests to take. I'm testing Jan 20th and have time for 3 more third party tests.

I bought the 10 tests package from Altius and have done 4 of them.

I'm wondering if I should just continue to use Altius, or if it's worth it to spend more and buy EK or NS. I'd also like to know which tests from each company are the best if I can only buy 1 or 2 of them.

Thank you!! Sorry for making another thread about practices tests; I searched but didn't find much about Altius vs EK.

Members don't see this ad.

What did you think of the altius exams? Good preparation? I have 10 of them and plan to knock them all out over the course of a month.

I felt the Altius tests were almost identical in content and in difficulty to the real deal. took it 2 years ago though.

Reactions: 1 user
What did you think of the altius exams? Good preparation? I have 10 of them and plan to knock them all out over the course of a month.

I really like how research-based the passages are, so I think they're excellent for B/B and C/P. I can't really tell how the P/S is because I haven't done P/S from other sources, but I do think their CARS is hit or miss. Overall it's been great practice, with thorough explanation for every question which is excellent.

My scores have been incredibly sporadic though....

Altius Half Length - 505
Altius Full Length 1 - 493
Altius Full Length 2 - 503
Altius Full Length 3 - 499
Altius Full Length 4 - 504

I took all of these with huge gaps in my content, especially in C/P (didn't know a single formula) and I never took them in one sitting but rather did the sections over a day or two.

Reactions: 1 user