Alzheimer's Association?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I don't know if any of you are aware but there's an Alzheimer's association and I got an interview to volunteer there. Now I'll basically be a "coordinator" telling people about Alzheimer's and helping out with support groups. I don't think I'll really be interacting with Alzheimer's patients per se, but I have to present six hours a year and I'll be telling people about Alzheimer's. Worth it? Or nah?

Members don't see this ad.

do it if it interests you. raising awareness of a disease is never a bad thing to have on your app, especially if its something you have personal motives for doing / are passionate about

So I don't know if any of you are aware but there's an Alzheimer's association and I got an interview to volunteer there. Now I'll basically be a "coordinator" telling people about Alzheimer's and helping out with support groups. I don't think I'll really be interacting with Alzheimer's patients per se, but I have to present six hours a year and I'll be telling people about Alzheimer's. Worth it? Or nah?
Only six hours a year? Is that a typo?

Members don't see this ad :)
Only six hours a year? Is that a typo?

No lol. It's not volunteering six hours a year. It's presenting to raise awareness in different places. Six different times a year. The presentations are sporadic but I'll basically just be helping out kinda. It has nothing to do with the charity work or anything like that

do it if it interests you. raising awareness of a disease is never a bad thing to have on your app, especially if its something you have personal motives for doing / are passionate about

Yeah I like it. But sometimes I feel like there are other ways to do just that. Like this position isn't even raising money or anything like that. I'm oscillating between doing it or not

Yeah I like it. But sometimes I feel like there are other ways to do just that. Like this position isn't even raising money or anything like that. I'm oscillating between doing it or not

my feeling is that 6 hours is such a minimal commitment, and it shows initiative in ways that other movements do not, such as donating some money or making a facebook status. you could possibly integrate some sort of charity event into your presentations to make it more meaninful for you if you want, like getting people to sign up for something after you discuss everything. just a thought

my feeling is that 6 hours is such a minimal commitment, and it shows initiative in ways that other movements do not, such as donating some money or making a facebook status. you could possibly integrate some sort of charity event into your presentations to make it more meaninful for you if you want, like getting people to sign up for something after you discuss everything. just a thought

Damn. That's a GREAT idea!! I'll look more into it for sure. I mean I already have some other clinical experience through other things

Reactions: 1 user