Am I a URM??

Started by az43
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

az43

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious but I'm half Mexican half Iranian. Do I count as a URM applicant?
 
Interesting mix. Should likely get you some URM love, for hispanic heritage. Do you speak languages other than English? Do you have cultural ties to either ethnicity? That is to say, could you speak confidently in an interview about how being a member of either has influenced you? Do you have an intent to practice within a particular community? URM is not just an on/off switch. The more of a case you can make for how who you are will influence what kind of physician you will be, the better your interviews will go. That is a global statement, not just regarding URM status.