Am I beyond all hope?...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent850

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm feeling a bit discouraged after recent interactions with some advisors. I e-submitted 9/20. I'm well aware of the fact that this is late but I've been being told to not even apply because it's pointless and will only make my life harder as a reapplicant. I'm only so late because I'm trying to graduate a year early now.

I have a strong research background that includes a periodontal research project of my own(~1000hrs) and work as a lab tech.

GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/21/24/ none

So am I truly wasting my time applying this late?

Members don't see this ad.

With stats that good, you will get in. Will it be this cycle? Possible. I am a huge advocate of applying as early as possible (I submitted AADSAS 2 days after it opened). However, I see a lot of predents here saying it isn't too late to apply. So maybe some of them will chime in.

But you don't need to worry, you will get in with those stats, either this cycle or next.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure the advisors mean well but on stats like that I'm pretty confident that they're wrong. I would guess that applying early is more important for candidates with application issues like questionable DAT, weak GPA, lacking ECs, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks y'all! Those were my thoughts as well but needed some anonymous internet support.

You're fine. Apply broadly and you will undoubtedly get interviews, assuming you don't have any glaring issues with your app.

O

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user