Am I doing too many things this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melbel505

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am kind of a non-traditional student. I was a Nursing major, and switched my major junior year. Am I doing too much this summer? I am starting research, taking a biology class, and doing a volunteering program (that requires 125 hours this summer). I feel like I can handle it but I am just nervous about it. I took Chem II and Physics I last summer and did pretty well. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

This belongs in the premed forum. But to answer your question, no, that's not too much at all. As a med student, you will be expected to juggle a lot more.

Reactions: 1 users
Not really. A med student may see this as a cake walk. However you're at the early stages so it may seem daunting at first.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont understand the above posters. Just because you will one day be a resident working 80 hours a week, doesn't mean you should now! That being said, your schedule doesn't sound too bad depending on how many hours you will be spending on research.

Reactions: 1 user
No one can answer this other than you, unfortunately. I would recommend charting out your week with expected hours/schedule and seeing if it is something that seems overwhelming to you.

You will only know the answer

Reactions: 1 user