Am I dreaming? Gannon University DPT 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted881147

I sent in my PTCAS application mid-September but did not have all my letters of recommendation in until October 2nd. I just received a letter from Gannon University-Erie campus that I have been accepted and to place my deposit by November 1st. I have not had an interview with them, their deadline is not until December 1st, and on both PTCAS and their website it says there is no early decision and that they conduct interviews. I guess I am just afraid of error but I am hoping it is true! Did anyone else receive an acceptance letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They don't interview. When did you apply? Also, do you mind sharing your stats?

They don't interview. When did you apply? Also, do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure!

I submitted my application via PTCAS on September 7th. They verified my application on September 11th.
University of Akron-Bachelor of Science in Education (graduated)
Cumulative GPA-3.67
Prerequisite GPA-3.79
GRE- Verbal 151 Quantitative 145 Writing 3.0
3 letters of rec (PT, employer, academic instructor)
120 hours of outpatient shadowing
I had a couple of scholarships and held a couple of positions in different college groups
I also received an invitation to interview at Wayne State University

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
oh nice! I put in for both the PA and FL schools. Hopefully I hear back soon. Our stats are pretty close.

oh nice! I put in for both the PA and FL schools. Hopefully I hear back soon. Our stats are pretty close.
Good luck! :) I guess I’m just shocked to receive an acceptance letter so early

Congrats BTW. Hopefully my letter is in the mail. A majority of the time I get mail a week later than everyone else since I am stationed in Japan. Are you going to accept the offer or see what else comes up?

Good luck! :) I guess I’m just shocked to receive an acceptance letter so early

Congrats BTW. Hopefully my letter is in the mail. A majority of the time I get mail a week later than everyone else since I am stationed in Japan. Are you going to accept the offer or see what else comes up?
I will definitely be paying the deposit in the next couple of weeks! I will probably look to see if I have any in-state offers and go through with any interviews I receive.

Remember, you don't have to pay a deposit till Jan 15. It states under PTCAS rules that all the schools have to abide by that date for deposits and can't force you to do so earlier.

Reactions: 1 users
They should be willing to wait on the deposit. I believe that the schools through PTCAS have agreed on not needing a deposit till sometime later in the application season, but I could be mistaken. Worth asking though before you send them money.

They should be willing to wait on the deposit. I believe that the schools through PTCAS have agreed on not needing a deposit till sometime later in the application season, but I could be mistaken. Worth asking though before you send them money.
My letter said I had until November 1st to hold my spot. I could definitely look into dates though!

You might be able to accept the spot but pay the deposit later. It never hurts to check.

I just checked and supposedly according to the rules, no one should require that the deposit be paid prior to Jan. 15. However, in previous threads, it also says some schools are choosing to ignore this. Best of luck in trying to not have to lay out money.

Remember, you don't have to pay a deposit till Jan 15. It states under PTCAS rules that all the schools have to abide by that date for deposits and can't force you to do so earlier.
Woah I’ve never heard of that. Where can you see this information? I’m curious now about deposit dates because my letter says to deposit by November 1st

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Gannon since then? I applied right before the deadline, but was only invited to an information session. They said they would be sending out their last round of acceptances around the end of February. Just wondering if anyone knew if their class was full or not. Thanks!

Has anyone heard from Gannon since then? I applied right before the deadline, but was only invited to an information session. They said they would be sending out their last round of acceptances around the end of February. Just wondering if anyone knew if their class was full or not. Thanks!
Sorry, this reply is late. On Feb 22nd I received an e-mail with the DPT program's Feb. Newsletter which stated, "We are continuing to work through the admission process to fill a cohort that will start in August and complete the program in May 2021." It also showed classmates emails and there were only 22 names given. I am not sure how many spots have been offered since then but I believe there is still time!

Sorry, this reply is late. On Feb 22nd I received an e-mail with the DPT program's Feb. Newsletter which stated, "We are continuing to work through the admission process to fill a cohort that will start in August and complete the program in May 2021." It also showed classmates emails and there were only 22 names given. I am not sure how many spots have been offered since then but I believe there is still time!

Hey! I actually applied way before the deadline and haven't gotten anything back from them. I asked the admissions counselor and he told me they will give out final decisions in February, is their class full yet?

Hey! I actually applied way before the deadline and haven't gotten anything back from them. I asked the admissions counselor and he told me they will give out final decisions in February, is their class full yet?

Thank you for reaching out. In regards to your questions, don’t panic.
Our DPT class for Fall 2018 is not yet full and we have not yet extended any waitlist offers.
As soon as this happens, I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Erin

This is what I got yesterday morning.

Thank you for reaching out. In regards to your questions, don’t panic.
Our DPT class for Fall 2018 is not yet full and we have not yet extended any waitlist offers.
As soon as this happens, I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Erin

This is what I got yesterday morning.

Oh wow, so all the students who haven't gotten an answer back are all waitlisted? Or did they send all the rejections out already?

I haven't been waitlisted or rejected, but I did receive an email last week stating that I had a virtual interview for the end of April.

I haven't been waitlisted or rejected, but I did receive an email last week stating that I had a virtual interview for the end of April.
that's awesome! would u mind sharing ur stats??

Is your interview for the Ruskin or Erie campus?

Does anyone know if the class is full for Gannon University- Erie DPT for the Fall 2018?