Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, Im pretty new to the site, but I have to say you guys are freaking me out (more). Everyone seems so far advanced and knowledegable to me. Im a sophmore (kinda?) in college and I dont have any vet experiance yet. Even though I only really truely decided to be a vet this year I feel like Im behind. I started my freshmen year as a biology major on a pre-vet track at a different school then Im at right now, then my Mom bullied/convinced me that I should be a Nurse instead ("You'll always have a job Danielle! And its soo rewarding"). So I transfered back to my hometown because the school Im currently at has a nursing program. Before the summer was even over I stood up to my Mom and went back to the career I actually want.
Problem is that this school doesnt have a pre-vet track, which I guess Im okay with, but my life would be less confusing if it did. And the fact that my counselor made me take a bunch of classes I didnt need so Im behind in my major. Aand the fact that last semester I was a freshmen but this semester Im suddenly a Junior (or so my transcripts say) without being a sophmore in between. And I have NO vet experiance yet.
I've been trying to contact local clinics through the phone, but keep getting turned down. Tomorrow after class I plan to take my resume and a cover letter to two different clinics to see if that works better (thanks to advice I read here!), and over the summer Im hoping to get an internship with a vet at a wild animal rescue. Am I on the right track? Do you think Im too far behind? I really dont want to take a year off before at least applying to vet school.
Problem is that this school doesnt have a pre-vet track, which I guess Im okay with, but my life would be less confusing if it did. And the fact that my counselor made me take a bunch of classes I didnt need so Im behind in my major. Aand the fact that last semester I was a freshmen but this semester Im suddenly a Junior (or so my transcripts say) without being a sophmore in between. And I have NO vet experiance yet.
I've been trying to contact local clinics through the phone, but keep getting turned down. Tomorrow after class I plan to take my resume and a cover letter to two different clinics to see if that works better (thanks to advice I read here!), and over the summer Im hoping to get an internship with a vet at a wild animal rescue. Am I on the right track? Do you think Im too far behind? I really dont want to take a year off before at least applying to vet school.
I'm right here. I've pretty much decided that for my health, it's worth going through nursing school. I'll never have to come back here again and even if I don't get into veterinary school the first time, at least I'll have a job that'll easily pay the bills and I won't have to worry about ever having to come back home. I'd prefer not to, but if in the long run it will allow me more security in never coming back to my house, I'm allllll for it.