Am I over doing it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

Hawaiiandoc04

How much is too much? everyone tells me that the best way to prepare for the mcats is to practice practice practice....So now I am scheduled to complete seventeen full length exams before the actual one in august... Is this too much? how many practice exams does one need to take before the other ones become a waste of time? how many did you do or are going to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you doing all these FLs just to build up your stamina (or maybe confidence)? How are you typically scoring? You may be better off taking sections at a time to work on your weak areas instead of doing so many FLs.

The worst thing that can happen is for you to burn out right before the test so keep that in mind.

Hey Hawaiiandoc04,

I think you ARE overdoing it. I agree with Kry. It may be a better strategy to do a few full length tests in order to figure out which areas you are particularly weak in, and then spend alot of time focussing on bringing your understanding of those sections to a higher standard.

Most people I know get screwed by particular passages in certain sections; they get topics they are particularly weak in and thus get a lower score.

Another factor to consider (as mentioned by Kry): burnout.

I will use an analogy: A marathon runner does not run marathons everyday in order to train for a marthon that is a month away. Because they would bonk (ie. burnout/be too fatigued come test day). I believe this kind of thing can happen to people on tests, because they build up amounts of stress and fatigue.

There is one section that is the exception to all of this: Verbal.
I think the only way you get better at verbal is by trying out different strategies in timed test taking situations.

I hope I haven't confused you, if I have gimme a shout.

Cheers, and Good Luck

Silenthunder

You gotta do what you gotta do. If it takes 5, then it takes 5. If it takes you 17, then that's what it takes. If it takes you 50, then it's 50. You've got to be mentally strong enough not to get burned out.

Members don't see this ad :)
FO ShEEZIE MAH NEEEEEEEZY

Attachments

• 039_41426.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 141
no way man, if anything, u are right on track...i am set to complete 79 full length practice exams before August 10, as well as improve my verbal score by reading full issues of the New York Times archived from Sept 12, 1942. I would put the burner on high if i were you man, unless u like toast.

Originally posted by Columbia22
as well as improve my verbal score by reading full issues of the New York Times archived from Sept 12, 1942.

pshaw. just the crosswords should be enough.

cuz ni99a im the head INDO in charge
aint nothing else to izzle mah nizze fo sheezzy

get with the prizzle

Why is my name in your signature?

get with the prizzle

Originally posted by HIIC

get with the prizzle

why isn't my name in your signature?