am i ready?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jp370

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thinking about delaying the dat which i was originally suppose to take 4/29 to later becuase i been getting ****ty scores on the two practice tests i have been taking so far.....is it worth delaying?!?!!? its my 2nd time around and i dont wanna f up....

bio g chem o chem

19/19/19 on kaplan natural science practice test

17/19/18 on achiever test 1 NS

Members don't see this ad.

How many times have you taken the whole DAT practice test? How many practice test do you have? I think I took full length DAT about 3-4 times, and then section tests until I basically had the questions memorized. I recommend Topscore: it was great to just take those tests over and over and over again. Do a test, study what you missed, do it again, repeat, do another test, repeat, etc. My DAT scores were higher than any of my practice test scores, but everyone says this I guess. You can afford to delay a bit, why rush it? Do more practice tests, that's my advice.

From experience, you'll never feel completely 'ready.' I just took mine this past Friday and the week before I kept going back and forth between rescheduling and keeping the set date. I told myself, what else will I learn that's going to make THAT much of a difference if I push it back a week or now? And honestly, besides being nervous, the test is easier than those practice tests, more general. How long have you been studying this time around? The most important thing for you to pay attention to is any improvements in the practice tests. If you see improvements from one test to the next, then you're ready. Also, don't take a test everyday-you'll burn yourself out.

Members don't see this ad :)
From experience, you'll never feel completely 'ready.' I just took mine this past Friday and the week before I kept going back and forth between rescheduling and keeping the set date. I told myself, what else will I learn that's going to make THAT much of a difference if I push it back a week or now? And honestly, besides being nervous, the test is easier than those practice tests, more general. How long have you been studying this time around? The most important thing for you to pay attention to is any improvements in the practice tests. If you see improvements from one test to the next, then you're ready. Also, don't take a test everyday-you'll burn yourself out.

ur right ive been freaking out b/c my scores are constantly dropping ...may mean that i am buring out.....i should just get it over with...

Study some more. From my experience, take your tests and dissect every question and look every choice to see if you know what they are. If you don't, then look them up in your books or on wikipedia. That will help you a lot. So in essence, each question is 5 questions.

Good luck