Am I Screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Louper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks! Stupid question. I've applied to CVS online to >10 jobs in states where I have a license. I noticed on my confirmation email that I have the same candidate reference # for every job I applied to. I received a rejection email, but it doesn't reference the specific job # that I applied to. Do I just assume that I have been rejected from all the other jobs as well? Is there any way to check this on cvs.com? Do I have to try to find the location, call a store and find out who the DM is? Do I call Kanexa? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

As to your question, I'm not sure.

If you are licensed in PA, I know an area where they actually do need people as of a month and a half ago.

Thanks, WVUPharm2007...but I'm not licensed in PA. I'm licensed in MD, GA, and AL. As far as job saturation, I didn't win the lottery. Don't know if it's worth it to apply to retail jobs in states where I don't have a license at this point. I'm very wary of spending the dough to reciprocate cause my funds are limited.

Members don't see this ad :)
The last time I looked on CVS' website, there were only 8 retail positions available/accepting applications for...

I'm shocked that you can't find something in Alabama. Call some stores and see if you can finagle an email for a few pharmacy supervisors and do a direct email. Ask if they are aware of ANY areas in the state where they need help. HR runs the "career opportunities" webpage and they can be sort of useless sometimes.

I'm shocked that you can't find something in Alabama. Call some stores and see if you can finagle an email for a few pharmacy supervisors and do a direct email. Ask if they are aware of ANY areas in the state where they need help. HR runs the "career opportunities" webpage and they can be sort of useless sometimes.

Thanks, man...appreciate it! I'm surprised at how difficult it is to get through to a DM. I know the market is tight, but it sorta sucks that the people in charge of hiring are pretty much unaccessible.

Just out of curiosity, have you applied for jobs with any other chains besides CVS? Or did you apply for CVS jobs because all the other chains are full in the states you're interested in? BTW, do you mind if I ask what locations you applied for in GA and AL (just wondering)?

Last edited:
there should be something available in MD. reach out to district sup for montgomery county. never reach out to DM (at cvs).

there should be something available in MD. reach out to district sup for montgomery county. never reach out to DM (at cvs).
To be more clear for OP...the district manager runs front store stuff...the pharmacy supervisor runs the pharmacy stuff. If you ask for the DM's info and contact him, he'll probably ignore you.

My bad... I meant to put pharmacy supervisor. Those are the folks I'm trying to contact.

I've applied to the big 3 and grocery chains. Not a peep.

Members don't see this ad :)
...And trump signs off on a federal hiring freeze. *sigh*

To be more clear for OP...the district manager runs front store stuff...the pharmacy supervisor runs the pharmacy stuff. If you ask for the DM's info and contact him, he'll probably ignore you.
Strictly speaking Pharmacy supervisors report to district managers at CVS. The district managers (2) I had were fairly involved in Pharmacy operations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

my DM rarely say anything in company emails. he's really not doing anything relating to pharmacy at all. though, somehow they allow this dog to determine how many tech hours we need.

my DM rarely say anything in company emails. he's really not doing anything relating to pharmacy at all. though, somehow they allow this dog to determine how many tech hours we need.

Is the dog's name Wooferin?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
CVS doesn't like when you apply to different areas in the same company because they don't want to compete within the company for an employee. I made that mistake when I first applied.

I agree with reaching out to pharmacy supervisors. If you have any pharmacy friends try them for recommendations too.

You try Wal Mart? I live in Texas and I've received like 3 different letters from Wal Mart recruiters this past fall for RPh positions in Alabama with sign on bonuses.

...And trump signs off on a federal hiring freeze. *sigh*

Although I haven't been able to look at the full text of the EO yet (doesn't seem like it was posted on the Federal Register yet...), different news outlets are reporting that the hiring freeze excludes public health and public safety jobs, so you might still be able to apply to government healthcare jobs without issue (well, it might take even longer to get your job application processed without the proper administrative support... but other than that...).

Although I haven't been able to look at the full text of the EO yet (doesn't seem like it was posted on the Federal Register yet...), different news outlets are reporting that the hiring freeze excludes public health and public safety jobs, so you might still be able to apply to government healthcare jobs without issue (well, it might take even longer to get your job application processed without the proper administrative support... but other than that...).

That's the best news I've heard all day lol ;)

You try Wal Mart? I live in Texas and I've received like 3 different letters from Wal Mart recruiters this past fall for RPh positions in Alabama with sign on bonuses.

Wickett, thank you...yep. I'm waiting on interviews at this point...

CVS doesn't like when you apply to different areas in the same company because they don't want to compete within the company for an employee. I made that mistake when I first applied.

I agree with reaching out to pharmacy supervisors. If you have any pharmacy friends try them for recommendations too.

Thanks, Hulkbuster...definitely doing that as well. I don't get CVS and their ridiculousness. If you have multiple licensure, you can't just apply to openings in one state, then wait to see if you get an interview or not. Then apply to another state. That is stupid and just another example of inefficient, top-heavy corporate bureaucracy. It is my understanding that internal applicants get preference over external applicants anyway.

Random: WVUPharm2007...Every time I see your posts, I wanna watch The Wire all over again lol ;)

I'm licensed in TN, VA, and MD. Within 1 month I had an offer for a job in MD. Try looking at companies out this way, I know there are usually openings in the DC/Baltimore areas.

I'm licensed in TN, VA, and MD. Within 1 month I had an offer for a job in MD. Try looking at companies out this way, I know there are usually openings in the DC/Baltimore areas.

It's not that easy in MD. The day I interviewed, there were 9 other potentials. Didn't get an offer.

You're telling me there are only 8 openings in the entire state of Alabama? Holy ****. I'm pretty sure there's that many openings just in the district that I worked in.