Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
LOL. I know the very title of this thread looks ******ed but I need to know if anyone else felt the same way I did. I came out of my MCAT (form DG) feeling very comfortable. I felt very good on all the sections. I mean don't get me wrong there were some passages that were tough but I feel like I worked my way through them. However, it seems like everyone thought they did bad and most people say it is "post-MCAT worries." Did anyone feel good about how they performed after the test and if so did you land up bombing it? I am not talking about some stellar score I am talking 27-30.

Members don't see this ad.

USArmyDoc said:
LOL. I know the very title of this thread looks ******ed but I need to know if anyone else felt the same way I did. I came out of my MCAT (form DG) feeling very comfortable. I felt very good on all the sections. I mean don't get me wrong there were some passages that were tough but I feel like I worked my way through them. However, it seems like everyone thought they did bad and most people say it is "post-MCAT worries." Did anyone feel good about how they performed after the test and if so did you land up bombing it? I am not talking about some stellar score I am talking 27-30.

i wrote DG too. i kinda feel the same way. but i don't feel absolutely confident. i just guessed on all the hard passages and did the easy ones. after taking aamc tests my threshold was really low so maybe that might be the reason. i was also high on advil, so it prolly just numbed my anxieties. hopefully the curve doesn't kill me.

Yea, I felt there were some hard passages in physics and bio. Verbal was okay to. I tried my best in the hard ones though and I think I did okay.

USArmyDoc said:

Honestly the people freaking out are the ones who always freak out, no matter what. You sound a lot like me in that i'm generally always confident about these things, and if for some reason I didn't do well, I'll just retake it. I'm not going to jump off a bridge or anything.

So, dont worry, relax, and dont think about it until October.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, actually after my first MCAT I felt the same way they do. This time I felt much more prepared and I felt like all my work paid off. Although, I just caught a stupid mistake of mine!!! :mad:

themustafa said:
Honestly the people freaking out are the ones who always freak out, no matter what. You sound a lot like me in that i'm generally always confident about these things, and if for some reason I didn't do well, I'll just retake it. I'm not going to jump off a bridge or anything.

So, dont worry, relax, and dont think about it until October.

I feel the same damn way. I honestly got murdered by verbal which is my weakest section and I KNOW I have to take it over. I literally quit during that section. However, I wanted to finish the rest of the exam. I know what I need to work on, I'll see what I get, and study my ass off and take that monster one more time. Like I tell everyone, I'm gonna try my best or at least die trying. Once I get my score, I'm going to look at it every time I study so it'll motivate me to conquer this thing.

i came out of mine (form DH) feeling pretty good - i thought it had been better than any of the practice tests i had taken up till now, i had gotten 29, 29, and 33. i worked through the sections pretty smoothly, a rough passage here and there, but was feeling good. but now i'm wondering oh no did i just fall for all their traps and thats why i thought it was easy? it will be a long 2 months. i do okay at work or excercising for like an hour, but then i start obsessing again! i've realized that i feel like i could have gotten anything from a 25 to a 35, and i'm splitting it down the middle. under 30 i will take it again, over 30 i will leave it the heck alone.

good luck everybody :luck:

I felt like I got railroaded by form DG in April this year, but ended up walking away with one point more than practice test 7. The actual test was much harder but to support everyone else's view, practice scores are pretty indicative of the real score (more room for error when standardizing the grades).

Good luck,

Adam

Gonzo12164 said:
I feel the same damn way. I honestly got murdered by verbal which is my weakest section and I KNOW I have to take it over. I literally quit during that section. However, I wanted to finish the rest of the exam. I know what I need to work on, I'll see what I get, and study my ass off and take that monster one more time. Like I tell everyone, I'm gonna try my best or at least die trying. Once I get my score, I'm going to look at it every time I study so it'll motivate me to conquer this thing.

Hey, you never know, it might not be that bad. My friend took the april mcat and came home crying because she thought she bombed physical. It was her weakest section going in and she did not have enough time to finish it. She even registered to take the April exam. Then came score day and..... Let's just say that if I can get her score when I take the MCAT I will be a happy woman. A very happy woman.

You have a really inspirational attitude about studying and conquering this beastly test so I'm sending you some luck for the current scores, and maybe you won't have to retest. :luck: :luck: :luck: Here's to hoping.

I did have a good friend who thought he aced it and got a 27.

He is now an MSII at a good med school (without retaking).

Keep things in perspective.

I got ya Meow. However, when I say I felt comfortable I mean 27+. I am not talking 35's.

Gonzo12164 said:

oh gosh i'm starting to feel the same way about verbal and having to retake the test again in april. :( but i take comfort in knowing that what we're feeling right now is pretty normal for people who just took the mcat and i hope it will work out for us in the end. good luck dude :luck: