Am I the only pharmacist in America that lives in a single-wide trailer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hahahahaha.....that is all.

However, I remember traveling to Alabama once for a UF/Auburn game, and a large number of students owned trailers (well, their parents) rather than rented apartments (much better investment it seems). The effin' trailers were actually really nice relative to most college student apartments from what I remember.

Now the size of the trailer is never the whole story...

I recently enjoyed an excellent episode of HGTV House Hunters - In which a couple from South Florida paid $530,000 for a Single Wide Trailer (and the lot that it was on).

This trailer happened to be situated on a outlet waterway into the Gulf of Mexico - on Key Largo.

Now what cha think about that?

Just food for thought...

~above~

Members don't see this ad :)
No. I work with a guy that lives in one. He also owns a house but doesn't use it very often. The trailer is on a vineyard and he and his wife like to stay there and get sloshed.

That's a vacation trailer. I mean a situation in which the permanent and primary dwelling is literally worth $5,000.

My trailer park is called "Independence Hill" if that's any consideration. And, yes, what you are picturing is probably close to the reality. The deep end of the community swimmin' hole is green.

That's a vacation trailer. I mean a situation in which the permanent and primary dwelling is literally worth $5,000.

My trailer park is called "Independence Hill" if that's any consideration. And, yes, what you are picturing is probably close to the reality. The deep end of the community swimmin' hole is green.

after analyzing some of your threads i have come to this conclusion about you

1) you live in a trailer park and pay $200 a month
2) you *used* to drive a POS buick
3) you shop at costco and buy bulk items
4) you probably live very frugal
5) you're a pharmacist who is now employed
6) you probably have students loans to pay off which is probably 2k max a month...

with all that my final conclusion is

your bank account be must loaded!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

So trailers aside... what's the landscaping like? :laugh:

Now the size of the trailer is never the whole story...

I recently enjoyed an excellent episode of HGTV House Hunters - In which a couple from South Florida paid $530,000 for a Single Wide Trailer (and the lot that it was on).

This trailer happened to be situated on a outlet waterway into the Gulf of Mexico - on Key Largo.

Now what cha think about that?

Hurricane bait.:smuggrin:

I like the picture! Is that you (I assume...but you never know when it comes to WVU ;) ) I want to see everyone's pictures!!

I must agree with priapism---northcentral and northeastern Alabama have quite the selection of trailers to suit your individual taste.

I will be living in one in the future. Does that count?

I will be going to pharmacy school 40 miles from my home, which normally wouldn't be a big deal except for now the cost of gas is crazy. So my husband suggested that I ask the school's permission to park our 17' RV in the parking lot :laugh:. Do they have RV parking with water/electric hookups at the pharmacy schools in WV, AR, and AL?? ;)

I admire your frugality (is that even a word). But do they have tornadoes in WV like they do here in Missouri? You know, they ALWAYS hit the trailer parks first...I wonder why that is?

Members don't see this ad :)

If the trailer came before the house is it still a vacation trailer? Doesn't that make the house a vacation house?

Well, if you take a quick look at your picture, it sorta looks like Nike's making headcovers---are you Muslim or something?:smuggrin:

Geez, gonna have to change my sig to read "vet student formerly known as pharmacist"...

If you mess with WVPharm, you mess with the whole trailer park...

Got a fence around that bad boy?

Yeah, he knows me. MountainPharmD and I owned him in a cage fight...

Hell, you two aren't even on my level...

You're right. Got a long way to go to attain hilljack status.

My only problem right now is finding a single-wide in which my furniture will fit through the front door.

I will be going to pharmacy school 40 miles from my home, which normally wouldn't be a big deal except for now the cost of gas is crazy. So my husband suggested that I ask the school's permission to park our 17' RV in the parking lot :laugh:. Do they have RV parking with water/electric hookups at the pharmacy schools in WV, AR, and AL?? ;)

I admire your frugality (is that even a word). But do they have tornadoes in WV like they do here in Missouri? You know, they ALWAYS hit the trailer parks first...I wonder why that is?

Hmmm, I went down that line of thought, too. I didn't think they'd go for it, though. :thumbdown:

Only Pharmacist? yea probably
As far as pharmacy students go, I start in August and Im sitting in my single wide currently. Thats how those of us on a budget roll.

Hell, half of my classmates lived in my trailer park. Then as soon as they graduate, they move into townhouses by the river. **** that, I like my little trailer. Nobody ever tries to rob you for two reasons. One, you live in a trailer...probably not much worth stealing. Two, people in trailers own guns. *pumps Mossberg 500*

Hell, half of my classmates lived in my trailer park. Then as soon as they graduate, they move into townhouses by the river. **** that, I like my little trailer. Nobody ever tries to rob you for two reasons. One, you live in a trailer...probably not much worth stealing. Two, people in trailers own guns. *pumps Mossberg 500*

Wait, I thought all hilljacks owned guns regardless of domicile. Kept one under the pillow and one over the door.

Wait, I thought all hilljacks owned guns regardless of domicile. Kept one under the pillow and one over the door.

Shouldn't that be....a .38 special in the bathroom, Glock under the pillow, and high-powered deer huntin' rifle (with scope) on the rack in the truck?

Shouldn't that be....a .38 special in the bathroom, Glock under the pillow, and high-powered deer huntin' rifle (with scope) on the rack in the truck?

If you want to go with the light armaments. Personally, I got the Mossberg 500 Cruiser in the bedroom, the Bushmaster AR-15 in the living room, and the Beretta 92 in the glove compartment. I want one of those new civilian FN P90s, too. That'll be my Xmas present.

I stand corrected.

Just make sure when you're shooting intruders, have 'em fall over your doorstep, eh?

For self defense to work in court, don't they have to be in your trailer?

Never mind, there won't be enough left of 'em after using the weapons you got...

I stand corrected.

Just make sure when you're shooting intruders, have 'em fall over your doorstep, eh?

For self defense to work in court, don't they have to be in your trailer?

Never mind, there won't be enough left of 'em after using the weapons you got...

Not in WV. A few months ago a bunch of hoodlums from DC, Philly, and Baltimore tried to break into some WV kid's apartment and steal his electronics. 18 shots later, two of them were dead, one was wounded, and two more ran like hell. He actually shot at one of them as he was running away. As far as I know nothing happened to him criminally. He had a nice gun, too. FN Five-seveN.

after analyzing some of your threads i have come to this conclusion about you

1) you live in a trailer park and pay $200 a month
2) you *used* to drive a POS buick
3) you shop at costco and buy bulk items
4) you probably live very frugal
5) you're a pharmacist who is now employed
6) you probably have students loans to pay off which is probably 2k max a month...

with all that my final conclusion is

your bank account be must loaded!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

HAHAHAH..lmao!

Not in WV. A few months ago a bunch of hoodlums from DC, Philly, and Baltimore tried to break into some WV kid's apartment and steal his electronics. 18 shots later, two of them were dead, one was wounded, and two more ran like hell. He actually shot at one of them as he was running away. As far as I know nothing happened to him criminally. He had a nice gun, too. FN Five-seveN.

Why would anyone from these cities go to WV in the first place? Seems like a waste of gas. Maybe while they're waiting around to pick up drugs from their supplier(s), they get bored and rob somebody?

Obviously, I'm out of touch.

Why would anyone from these cities go to WV in the first place? Seems like a waste of gas. Maybe while they're waiting around to pick up drugs from their supplier(s), they get bored and rob somebody?

Obviously, I'm out of touch.

Because something like half of WVU's student population comes from Pittsburgh, Philly, DC, Baltimore, Tidewater, and Jersey. Morgantown is a short drive from many of the above. Hell, I can be in downtown Pittsburgh in 60 minutes.

Plus, armed robbers attempt to steal **** in WV all the time because they think the police presence is scarce. Usually they are right, but they think that means ALL of WV. They are that dumb. A few years ago a bunch of hardcore gangsters from Baltimore tried to rob the Aldi's in Morgantown. They had freakin' H&K MP5s and bombs set to rig up. The police stopped them in the parking lot before they cold even try anything...haha.

It's okay! I still live with my parents. Heh heh heh

$200/month is a darn good bargain. Gosh, I wish I could move out but apartments in the NJ area are about $900-$1100 for a single bedroom apartment. But I really want to move out...they are driving me nuts.

my cousin lived in a single wide during and shortly after WVU pharmacy school. saved a buttload and recently broke ground on a 400k house. smart finance move to live cheap early on in life.

About a week ago. The stores are still open, though. Rumors around Wall Street are that Sears is interested in a buyout....which might actually wind up being awesome....
Oh, alright.. I think I could live with that