Am I too late filling out the FAFSA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProfessorAOS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i just received two acceptances and a waitlist last week, and am anticipating hearing back from a few other schools soon. I just started filling out FAFSA, but am I in any way at a disadvantage by filling it out now in December?

Also, with regards to the FAFSA, do we include our parents' information (does it help us in any way to get any more financial aid) or do we just file as independent?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

You are not late at all for loans. Some schools hand out grants which are first come first serve but I doubt they run out.

Adding your parents information helps you if you want to apply for Health Professions Student Loan (HPSL) and Loan for Disadvantaged Student (LDS) which have 5.0% interest and doesn't accrue interest during school.

Reactions: 1 user
You are not late at all for loans. Some schools hand out grants which are first come first serve but I doubt they run out.

Adding your parents information helps you if you want to apply for Health Professions Student Loan (HPSL) and Loan for Disadvantaged Student (LDS) which have 5.0% interest and doesn't accrue interest during school.

Thanks!

And it might be a stupid question but how do you apply for the HPSL and LDS, or are you already automatically considered for those loans when you submit your FAFSA?

Thanks!

And it might be a stupid question but how do you apply for the HPSL and LDS, or are you already automatically considered for those loans when you submit your FAFSA?
I would like to know this as well

Reactions: 1 user