ProfessorAOS

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi all,

i just received two acceptances and a waitlist last week, and am anticipating hearing back from a few other schools soon. I just started filling out FAFSA, but am I in any way at a disadvantage by filling it out now in December?

Also, with regards to the FAFSA, do we include our parents' information (does it help us in any way to get any more financial aid) or do we just file as independent?

Thank you so much!

princeafrica

Certified Boss
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Dental Student
You are not late at all for loans. Some schools hand out grants which are first come first serve but I doubt they run out.

Adding your parents information helps you if you want to apply for Health Professions Student Loan (HPSL) and Loan for Disadvantaged Student (LDS) which have 5.0% interest and doesn't accrue interest during school.

Reactions: 1 user

ProfessorAOS

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
You are not late at all for loans. Some schools hand out grants which are first come first serve but I doubt they run out.

Adding your parents information helps you if you want to apply for Health Professions Student Loan (HPSL) and Loan for Disadvantaged Student (LDS) which have 5.0% interest and doesn't accrue interest during school.

Thanks!

And it might be a stupid question but how do you apply for the HPSL and LDS, or are you already automatically considered for those loans when you submit your FAFSA?

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads