Am I Too Late For Early Interviews??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajmahal1980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I'm a student who is really worried that I might be too late with my application which will be going out in a day or two. (roughly Aug 14)
Do you guys think I'm too late to get into a school like UOP which is my number 1 choice? What do you think my application number will be?

Here are my DAT stats:
AA: 22
PAT: 19
QR: 30
RC: 22
Bio: 22
Chem: 18
Ochem: 20
TSci: 20

I did a double major at UCSD in Management Science and Biological Anthropology. GPA is only 2.9 but when schools see how diverse and challenging my academic background is I won't be too worried about it. I worked in finance for a year and made a career change.

I'm really getting nervous about taking too long on my apps. Can anyone give me advice on my chances of getting interviews at the following schools:
UOP, USC and NYU? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, you are not late. I had a friend that had an interview last March at UoP and was accepted. You are just fine and should anticipate receiving some secondaries within three weeks after your AADSAS packet goes out to your schools. I think you have a pretty good shot at UoP - best of luck!

i don't think you're too late at all. your awesome scores with your gpa should be fine. the admissions staff at UoP was one of the nicest and most polite that I dealt with in the admissions process. If in 3-4 weeks you don't hear from them, I would call AADSAS to make sure they processed everything and then call UOP. Good luck!

I could be wrong, but I think that UOP doesn't even start to interview until October. they sent me a letter saying that in october I could check their website to see if I received an interview. So I think you are still ahead of the game as far as UOP is considered.