-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
AMCAS 2006 Submitted/Ready for Review/Under Review/Complete
Started by Vintage_66
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SailCrazy said:I have this mental image of AMCAS set up like a big supermarket where they keep throwing people into different lines, & where unfortunately some of the cashiers/customers are reeeaaalllyyy ssllloooooooooww.
While I have nothing to do with it, I actually feel a little guilty to be processed before you folks - and I'm really glad that flopotomist finally made it in before me!
Good Luck - you'll get there!![]()
P.S. The initial excitement of being verified fades quickly as you try to figure out how/when you're going to write all those secondaries!![]()
yea, I've been thinking that for a few days now. Somehow I got stuffed in the slow line or my verifier is on vacation or something 🙂
SailCrazy:
I admire this type of mentality. Very polite and humble.
I submitted my application on 7/5, and still says 'Ready for Review'. I was desperately hoping it will be 'verified' today. But I guess I will have to live with it. I hope it gets verified by next week at least.
Best wishes.
S.
I admire this type of mentality. Very polite and humble.
I submitted my application on 7/5, and still says 'Ready for Review'. I was desperately hoping it will be 'verified' today. But I guess I will have to live with it. I hope it gets verified by next week at least.
Best wishes.
S.
SailCrazy said:...
While I have nothing to do with it, I actually feel a little guilty to be processed before you folks - and I'm really glad that flopotomist finally made it in before me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
another 7/7er 🙂 sailcrazy-maybe it WAS a lucky day 😉
transcripts: mid May
submitted: 7/7
verified: 7/15 11am
all of my study abroad classes from australia and spain have an X by them and the grades from those classes were removed. (my school, though grades show up on the OT, didn't transfer grades...just credit--guess schools won't see my C in "tecnicas de traduccion"...lol)
good luck!!!!
transcripts: mid May
submitted: 7/7
verified: 7/15 11am
all of my study abroad classes from australia and spain have an X by them and the grades from those classes were removed. (my school, though grades show up on the OT, didn't transfer grades...just credit--guess schools won't see my C in "tecnicas de traduccion"...lol)
good luck!!!!
Grinder said:Submitted: July 6
Transcripts were in early June
Verified: July 15
you lucky ducks! I'm still waiting for my status to change.
Oh, I wanted to say that AMCAS emails you the same minute that your application is proccessed (and it is only minutes for the process to complete), so you don't need to keep loging on to see if its processed...you can just check your email. 

i wonder if there is some sort of link between :
the number of schools applied to AND/OR the length of your transcripts
to
process time
I submitted on July 5 to 30+ schools, have a huge transcript (from 2 schools no less).
Still not verified, not even processing.
the number of schools applied to AND/OR the length of your transcripts
to
process time
I submitted on July 5 to 30+ schools, have a huge transcript (from 2 schools no less).
Still not verified, not even processing.
Submitted -- 06/20/2005
Transcript Received/ready for review -- 07/05/2005
Complete -- 07/15/2005
Transcript Received/ready for review -- 07/05/2005
Complete -- 07/15/2005
What is AMCAS' working hours?? I am wondering if I should bother checking on the weekend..
And yet another day passes with no movement...
Firebird, I only had 2 transcripts and only applied to 11 schools. Still nothing since I originally received the "ready for review" message on 7/1.
Their working hours are 9am-7pm Mon-Fri, so I doubt you'll get anything this weekend. Even if you could, they'd probably feed you the 4-6 weeks is normal line.
Firebird, I only had 2 transcripts and only applied to 11 schools. Still nothing since I originally received the "ready for review" message on 7/1.
Their working hours are 9am-7pm Mon-Fri, so I doubt you'll get anything this weekend. Even if you could, they'd probably feed you the 4-6 weeks is normal line.
firebird69guy said:i wonder if there is some sort of link between :
the number of schools applied to AND/OR the length of your transcripts
to
process time
I submitted on July 5 to 30+ schools, have a huge transcript (from 2 schools no less).
Still not verified, not even processing.
I don't know how it works but I had 30+ schools & 4 transcripts. Submitted July 6 and verified July 15.
kdwuma said:submitted today so .. 😕 😕 😱 😱 I guess they will verf in november???
here's hoping that there will be some movement today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scneuro said:here's hoping that there will be some movement today!
VERIFIED TODAY!!!!
YAY!! and I didnt even have to give up sexual favors :-D Now just hope for the best
looks like the average time is 2 weeks..
still not even under review
2 transcripts received: June
Submitted: July 6th
Under Review: Nope
Verified: Definitely not
Taking longer than I had thought..
still not even under review
2 transcripts received: June
Submitted: July 6th
Under Review: Nope
Verified: Definitely not
Taking longer than I had thought..
Dr.Giggles said:I just got my AAMCAS verified!!!
Submitted 7/7
Verified 7/18
The status suddenly changed from "ready to review" to all of a sudden "status complete". Now I need secondaries to complete.
Some of the secondaries might already be online. Out of curiousity.......
How come you are not applying to Hopkins for med school????? Since you went there for undergrad, it already shows that you got a good GPA from Hopkins and a good MCAT score with a decent profile, how come you are not considering it??
gujuDoc said:Some of the secondaries might already be online. Out of curiousity.......
How come you are not applying to Hopkins for med school????? Since you went there for undergrad, it already shows that you got a good GPA from Hopkins and a good MCAT score with a decent profile, how come you are not considering it??
Because I don't have a good chance of getting in and I almost got mugged twice by the same guy during the week when I was compiling my master list. And no, my non-statistical profile is below average.
firebird69guy said:looks like the average time is 2 weeks..
still not even under review
2 transcripts received: June
Submitted: July 6th
Under Review: Nope
Verified: Definitely not
Taking longer than I had thought..
my ranting and raving must have worked. Verified this afternoon
SUBMISSION DATE: 07/06/2005 12:53 AM
PROCESSED DATE: 07/18/2005 02:51 PM
Submitted 7/1.
Transcript recvd. 7/6 (I think).
Processed 7/18.
Transcript recvd. 7/6 (I think).
Processed 7/18.
So, it looks like I remain the lone ranger on this one. Just in case you forgot:
Transcripts: May
Submitted: 7/1 9:12 am
Verified: NEVER!!!
I even wrote AMCAS and expressed my "concern" that my application might have gotten coffee spilled on it or lost somewhere. Here is the heartwarming response that I received:
Thank you for contacting AMCAS.
Your application currently has a status of "Active." This status indicates that your application was submitted successfully to AMCAS, and that we are in the process of preparing your application for the verification process.
AMCAS processing takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks from the time that your application and all required official transcripts are received, and can take significantly longer during peak processing times.
The cynic in me says...great, I'm certainly off to a good start. This is going to be a fun couple of months.
The optimist in me says...at least I'm getting the bad luck out the way early.
My mom even told me that AMCAS was probably so impressed with my application that they're passing it around in wonder...I guess that's what Mom's are for right? Somehow, this is not what I imagine is happening.
C'est la vie...
Transcripts: May
Submitted: 7/1 9:12 am
Verified: NEVER!!!
I even wrote AMCAS and expressed my "concern" that my application might have gotten coffee spilled on it or lost somewhere. Here is the heartwarming response that I received:
Thank you for contacting AMCAS.
Your application currently has a status of "Active." This status indicates that your application was submitted successfully to AMCAS, and that we are in the process of preparing your application for the verification process.
AMCAS processing takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks from the time that your application and all required official transcripts are received, and can take significantly longer during peak processing times.
The cynic in me says...great, I'm certainly off to a good start. This is going to be a fun couple of months.
The optimist in me says...at least I'm getting the bad luck out the way early.
My mom even told me that AMCAS was probably so impressed with my application that they're passing it around in wonder...I guess that's what Mom's are for right? Somehow, this is not what I imagine is happening.
C'est la vie...
at the idea of AMCAS passing around your app in wonder. 👍Dr.Giggles said:Because I don't have a good chance of getting in and I almost got mugged twice by the same guy during the week when I was compiling my master list. And no, my non-statistical profile is below average.
Oh ok. I was just curious since I saw that you were an undergrad there.
roboyce said:So, it looks like I remain the lone ranger on this one. Just in case you forgot:
Transcripts: May
Submitted: 7/1 9:12 am
Verified: NEVER!!!
I even wrote AMCAS and expressed my "concern" that my application might have gotten coffee spilled on it or lost somewhere. Here is the heartwarming response that I received:
Thank you for contacting AMCAS.
Your application currently has a status of "Active." This status indicates that your application was submitted successfully to AMCAS, and that we are in the process of preparing your application for the verification process.
AMCAS processing takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks from the time that your application and all required official transcripts are received, and can take significantly longer during peak processing times.
The cynic in me says...great, I'm certainly off to a good start. This is going to be a fun couple of months.
The optimist in me says...at least I'm getting the bad luck out the way early.
My mom even told me that AMCAS was probably so impressed with my application that they're passing it around in wonder...I guess that's what Mom's are for right? Somehow, this is not what I imagine is happening.
C'est la vie...
Hey buddy, I'm right there with you. You have a few days on me, as I submitted on the 5th, but still. I think that our verifier must be on vacation or something. Otherwise he/she is taking way too many coffee breaks! I hope for the both of our sakes that our apps get processed soon!
I submitted 7/4 at 7pm with transcripts all ready in June, still nothing! Aiee!! It say my application is "in line to be verifed", but i've never seen a line where people who sent their app days after me get verifed before me.
MrAndrew47 said:I submitted 7/4 at 7pm with transcripts all ready in June, still nothing! Aiee!! It say my application is "in line to be verifed", but i've never seen a line where people who sent their app days after me get verifed before me.
submitted 7/5
verified 7/19 8:42 am
MrAndrew and Roboyce I hope today is your day!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted: 6/25 (pending)
Transcripts sent: 7/3
Completed: 7/7
Secondaries: 7/10
Transcripts sent: 7/3
Completed: 7/7
Secondaries: 7/10
scneuro said:MrAndrew and Roboyce I hope today is your day!
Score!
submitted 7/4 7pm
verified 7/19 8:30am
Submitted 7-10
Processed 7-19
I must have had a pretty diligent worker...
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
Processed 7-19
I must have had a pretty diligent worker...
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
yeup!
3 days!?! are you frickin' serious? hahahah that's awesome. good luck.
dumplings said:wow...then that means they're speeding up the process!
submitted: 7/15
verified: 7/18!!
sweeet...
wow that is effin fast! i submitted mine july 11th and its still "ready for review".
I guess it must depend on who is working on the applications - and you probably have a guy that is blazing through these apps. congrats! 👍
Those of you that find it has taken AMCAS greater than 2 weeks to verify you, when you get your verification, see if they made a lot of corrections. That happened to me since they had to change a few of my classes from JR year to SR year (since I was a super senior).
Just a thought..
Just a thought..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i have no idea.
i don't think any of us will ever know.
but i did walk by the AAMC building the other day, maybe i could sneak in... haha.
i don't think any of us will ever know.
but i did walk by the AAMC building the other day, maybe i could sneak in... haha.
TicAL said:Anyone know how soon after processing I can expect the secondaries to come rolling in?
Between now and october... usually there is a big rush of electronic ones in the first week and a few snail mail and then the snail mail trickle in eventually between now until october (Harvard).