AMCAS Activities Section - Teaching Assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phrenicnerve

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me sort this out. I have held multiple position as a TA in undergrad and in grad school. I am aware that you are supposed to group activities together when possible, but all the classes I have worked in (1 Lecture, 2 Lab TA positions) have different contact information. I was wondering if I should list them separately on the app, or if I should list it all as one section on the application and have repeated start dates with the most recent contact info. The reason I was considering this was because I want to list it as 1 on of my meaningful experiences.

Thanks for helping out!

Members don't see this ad.

I have held multiple position as a TA in undergrad and in grad school. I am aware that you are supposed to group activities together when possible, but all the classes I have worked in (1 Lecture, 2 Lab TA positions) have different contact information. I was wondering if I should list them separately on the app, or if I should list it all as one section on the application and have repeated start dates with the most recent contact info. The reason I was considering this was because I want to list it as 1 on of my meaningful experiences.
You have the option of grouping them all together, listing them all separately, or using two spaces, maybe one for undergrad and one for grad school TA positions, or divided by course topic (if different), or whatever, with just one of them being designated as MM.

When grouping, you have far less room for description due to including sub-datespans, subtotals of hours, and Contact info within the narrative (except for the first one listed, which will go in the header instead). I wouldn't use the Repeated feature for this purpose.