AMCAS activity error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiyaman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I accidentally said my start date was a year earlier than it actually was. Previous threads told me to email schools, should I also email schools that have already reviewed my file?

Also how bad is this?

Members don't see this ad.

So I accidentally said my start date was a year earlier than it actually was. Previous threads told me to email schools, should I also email schools that have already reviewed my file?
If the account has post submission update then use that to update a letter stating the correction. If not, email the schools, some will say they will add the email to your file, some will tell you to forget about it and explain it at the interview, and some will just ignore your email.

If it was an activity like Alternative Spring Break or something, it's not that big of a deal to be one year off. If it's something weekly that changes your total time commitment by hundreds of hours, it's a bit of a bigger deal.

What sort of activity was it?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I send the emails out, I'm guessing I can't CC all my schools right? lol unless I wanted them to know which other ones i applied to..

Hospital Volunteering... so pretty big deal right?

When I send the emails out, I'm guessing I can't CC all my schools right? lol unless I wanted them to know which other ones i applied to..
You can always copy and paste after a personalized "Dr. Dean So & So" for each school.
Hospital Volunteering... so pretty big deal right?
Possibly, if that's your only clinical experience and it makes the hours significantly greater. (i.e. you only had a couple dozen hours and this puts you over 100 or something)

So I should write each email out to the dean of admissions? I was going to write To whom it may concern since I'm not sure who's going to be reading this.

So I should write each email out to the dean of admissions? I was going to write To whom it may concern since I'm not sure who's going to be reading this.
There is a thing called Bcc on your email. Use it. Just say Dear Admissions Committee.

P.S. I don't know why I am telling you this. I am supposed to be a gunner.

Well, I just meant that as an example. I'm not experienced in this area, so you should wait for someone else to advise you on this further, but I would hope schools list contacts for applicants on their websites for the purposes of updates, questions, etc...