AMCAS Activity Questions- How much personality?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How formal do AMCAS activities/work these need to be? I don't want to write something stony cold, and I'd much rather write with personality.

When writing about research, I am very formal and to the point. But I also have a running hobby and I mention what my favorite race is and why. Without going into too much detail, it's a themed race I did with my ten year old brother. It's a little funny/cute to read, but isn't "cutsie". I would call it endearing. Is that appropriate?
It's fine to include brief anecdotes.
 
It's good to draw a bit of attention I think, they see the same stuff over and over...being a bit creative will hook them in and make your activities stand out