amcas address for transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

safrat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yo, I was wondering when sending out the transcripts, what is the address that I send it to, meaning what's AAMC's address?

Members don't see this ad.

The address should be on your transcript request form. If you lost the transcript request form, you should check out the "Need an Address" thread... I think someone has a pdf copy of it. Anyways here it is:

AMCAS, attn: Transcripts
AAMC Medical School Application Services
P.O. Box 57326
Washington, DC 20037

yeah - dont be sending in transcripts without the form.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely use the form.

where do I get this form???? I went on the website, and I couldn't find it.

You can only access the forms from your AMCAS application. One of the sections should say transcripts or something like that. When you verify where the transcripts are coming from, a "print form" button should pop up.

See pg 21 of the AMCAS Instruction booklet:

AMCAS has difficulties matching official transcripts that are not accompanied by the form. Applicants should use the AMCAS Transcript request form available in the transcripts requests section of the AMCAS application.

I have the generic amcas transcript request form that you have to fill out. They have it for people who already submitted and need to request a transcript. Post or PM your e-mail if you want it.

I am concerned about the way i inputted the address on my university's online transcript request form. I guess the way the address was on the transcript request form was misleading?

Should the P.O. Box go on Address Line 1?

For the name, I entered "AMCAS, attn: Transcripts"
Then for address line 1 i inputted "AAMC Medical School Application Services"
And for address line 2 I put "P.O. Box 57326"

When according to this link https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/96302/amcas_contactus.html

"AMCAS, attn Transcripts AAMC Medical School Application Services" should have all been in the name, and not on the first line of the address.

Do you think this is a major deal? My transcript was mailed out on May 15th and on AMCAS they are saying they are marking transcripts delivered on May 20th as "received". Surely my transcript should have been received by the 20th, but I'll give it a few more days.

***********EDIT: Wow I just realized I just revived a really old thread, I apologize for this, maybe I should have posted this in the 2013-2014 AMCAS thread