AMCAS Address Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc222222

Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question but I am applying and living in another state, no longer same state as parents. I graduated a while ago. I am not sure if I should still put my parents address as my permanent address and my preferred address where I live now? I don't want to be in a situation where I am not considered in state for either of the states. I haven't changed my driver's license or anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school! Email the admissions office that is in charge of residency issues like that.

Reactions: 1 user
I know this is a dumb question but I am applying and living in another state, no longer same state as parents. I graduated a while ago. I am not sure if I should still put my parents address as my permanent address and my preferred address where I live now? I don't want to be in a situation where I am not considered in state for either of the states. I haven't changed my driver's license or anything.
Where have you lived for the last 12 months after graduation or leaving school? That's usually your place of residence, unless you're still a grad student. Also, if you get important mail from a med school, would your parents notify you?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where have you lived for the last 12 months after graduation or leaving school? That's usually your place of residence, unless you're still a grad student. Also, if you get important mail from a med school, would your parents notify you?
Thank you!