• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

AMCAS application - slight error. is this a big deal?

hopetobedoctor101010

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2018
So, I just submitted my AMCAS application yesterday but I realized after I made a mistake in my bio info. I put the wrong sex for one of my parents on accident. i immediately emailed AAMC but haven't heard back. on their website it says you can change DOB, sex, etc but does that include parents? it really was a genuine mistake I didn't catch and misclicked. I know this is a small issue and has nothing to do with verification but I can get this fixed right? I just don't want med schools i'll be applying to to think i have two parents of the same biological sex which i do not

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

HouseJC

If nobody hates you, you're doing something wrong
2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2019
New Orleans
  1. Medical Student
Haha, given this stressful time as a premed, I'm sorry but your post serves as comic relief. I don't think it will be a major issue. I don't think people will even look at your parents' genders. If they do, "hmm, gay/lesbian parents who want to have a kid, so they adopted. Cool, let's move on to your MORE RELEVANT aspects of the application."

Again, I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I do not think it will mess up your application.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.