AMCAS college transcripts! HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turbomech7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure AMCAS out!

Do I need to send in a transcript from the CC/JC I took a spanish class in over the summer (taken to get out of college language requirements) even though it is not(!) a med school requirement? AND do we need to send in transcripts for AP classes taken (in high school)???

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

turbomech7 said:

Do I need to send in a transcript from the CC/JC I took a spanish class in over the summer (taken to get out of college language requirements) even though it is not(!) a med school requirement? AND do we need to send in transcripts for AP classes taken (in high school)???

Thanks!

for the CC, yes. every single college level course you've taken should be on transcript and should be sent in to AMCAS.

as for the AP classes, as long as the acknowledgement that u took them are on your college transcript you should be fine.

turbomech7 said:

Thanks!
Just to add on about the APs.

If you didn't get credit for any APs you took in high school (ex. my undergrad didn't recognize AP Econ even though I got a 4 and a 5). Those do not get reported to AMCAS and you do not send any transcripts, it's just wasted.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump! anyone else have opinions on this?

turbomech7 said:
bump! anyone else have opinions on this?

The other posters are absolutely correct --- request your CC/JC transcript immediately and make sure that the course is listed on your AMCAS application.

AP courses for which you received credit (usually your primary college -- that from which you'll receive your degree) should be listed.