Amcas courses BCMP gpa and OA Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nycfella

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If your verified this year, and you reapply next year, can the courses that counted towards your BCMP GPA, AO GPA, and OA GPA change, or will the fact that they counted them in a specific way during the last cycle most likely dictate how they will be counted in the current one.

shank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say it's a 50/50 shot. There are other threads [you should have searched for] where people describe changes from year to year that they can't figure out. AMCAS works in mysterious ways. Suffice it to say your BCPM vs. AO classifications probably won't change much... but the classifications within the AO courses (FLAN, GOVT, BESS, etc.) may fluctuate.

In the end, if you want them to change, then change how you classify them. The worst thing that can happen is that AMCAS changes them back.

I'd say it's a 50/50 shot. There are other threads [you should have searched for] where people describe changes from year to year that they can't figure out. AMCAS works in mysterious ways. Suffice it to say your BCPM vs. AO classifications probably won't change much... but the classifications within the AO courses (FLAN, GOVT, BESS, etc.) may fluctuate.

In the end, if you want them to change, then change how you classify them. The worst thing that can happen is that AMCAS changes them back.

Actually I don't want them to change. Can I use the previous years amcas to dispute something that might have been changed?