AMCAS coursework Nightmare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orangecat1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any one do a PharmD (no bachelors) and apply to medical school. I am having a very very very difficult time with entering coursework into AMCAS- PLEASE help

-

Members don't see this ad.

Did any one do a PharmD (no bachelors) and apply to medical school. I am having a very very very difficult time with entering coursework into AMCAS- PLEASE help

-

Sorry if I'm a little confused, but most medical schools require a bachelor's degree to matriculate. I'm not sure that a PharmD is going to overcome that requirement? Have you checked in with specific medical schools about if they will consider you without that prerequisite?

No, that is not quite correct. Most medical schools have a requirement of minimum of 90 UG credits;, which is a holdover from recruiting top juniors directly into medical school. With a PharmD, the applicant needs to contact both medical schools as well as AMCAS to enter info. PharmD would appear to be a professional degree for AMCAS purposes

Gonnif,
1) if courses which say "NG" (no grade) with no credits like a chemistry recitation appear on the transcript, do I type in "NG" in place of a grade?
2) During my first year of pharmacy school (aka junior year) I took biochem and physiology, even though they were through the pharmacy department is it okay to include them in my BCPM GPA?
3) During my fourth and fifth year, I took courses like immunology, cardiology, endocrinology, etc. Would this best be placed under "Health Sciences"?
4) Since I did not receive any degree and will not until next spring, I am typing in my fifth year as a second senior year instead of graduate school? I verified this with AMCAS, but does it sound correct?
5) Also what is the average turn around on clearing house getting the EPDF transcript into AMCAS? this is really the only thing I'm waiting on at this point?

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if I'm a little confused, but most medical schools require a bachelor's degree to matriculate. I'm not sure that a PharmD is going to overcome that requirement? Have you checked in with specific medical schools about if they will consider you without that prerequisite?
I have contacted 32 of my favorite medical schools which are happily willing to accept a my doctorate in place of a bachelors ;)

Reactions: 1 users