AMCAS Coursework

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshine02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If we've taken a course and the lab associated with it, (for example, Biochem), do we write "Biochemistry and Lab" as the course name in AMCAS even though our transcript just says Biochemistry?

In the AMCAS instructions video, it said to write "Biochemistry and Lab" but I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding..

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I just re-watched it: it said "if the course has a lab but is not reflected in the name of the course, add 'and lab' to the name of the course".

Can someone please confirm? Everyone has told me to enter it EXACTLY as it appears on my transcript.

I added 'and lab' after the courses that included a lab that was not indicated in the title of the course. My AMCAS has been verified without correction as well

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I second @gonnif --either way is fine. @starlite911 did it by adding "and lab" and got verified, and I did it without adding "and lab" and I also got verified!

AMCAS is not verifying course titles letter by letter. I unabbreviated my titles from my transcripts and was verified no problem. What you cannot do is add stuff to titles besides "& lab." If it says "INTRO BIOCHEM" you can write "Introductory Biochenistry II" even if it was. Sometimes AMCAS allows it, sometimes they don't. Officially they say not to add anything