AMCAS Coursework

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this was probably covered before so forgive the redundancy.

I'm on a quarter system where the academic year is fall of one year and the remaining quarters are of the following year. (i.e. Fall 2000, Winter 2001, Spring 2001).

When I try to add this to the coursework the Spring 2001 would go to Spring 2000 for some reason. Any suggestions on this problem?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Some say change the year to fix it, others say AMCAS told them to leave it as it is and they will fix it. Yet others say AMCAS never does get around to fixing it. Your guess is as good as ours.

When you go to add a new term (semester, quarter, or whatever) it PROMPTS you for the "calendar" year (year you were actually *in* during that term), but when it lists the terms, it lists them by "Academic Year", which is not the same as calendar year. So spring quarter in the year 2001 is the spring quarter in the academic year 2000 (really 2000-2001, but I guess they wanted to make it more confusing than that. ;) )

The only thing I wonder is why they consider the summer semester to be a part of the academic year that is *coming* rather than the one which is finishing. I know everything I've ever seen (student loan documentation, school documents at different schools, etc) lists summer as a continuation of the prior academic year.

Oh well...I guess they'll figure it all out somehow. Best of luck to you!! :)