AMCAS error!!!- forgot to enter a semester's work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poloace

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
shiz.. guys- what do i do? i was just filling out secondaries and i realized that i forgot to enter an ENTIRE semester from my sophmore year... i called amcas and they told me that they'd fix it for me when it was finally verified. but, i'm freaking out... has anyone ever had amcas fix something on their application? i think i royally screwed my chances.
p

Members don't see this ad.

i forgot to enter a course. they found it and fixed it. everything was a-ok, and i'm sure it will be for you too.

lola-
how do med schools look at this? will they think that i'm trying to hide a semester? i think i was just confused in entering the data and just overlooked it all... i'm so embarrassed and mad at myself right now. someone hug me.
p

Members don't see this ad :)
no worries, poloace :) med schools will probably not even know! the only thing that looks different about the course is that AMCAS entered it in ALL CAPS while my other courses were lowercase. med schools may see you goofed up based on the courses being in all caps (if they're that smart or if they care), but i doubt they will think you were trying to hide it. they know amcas compares your transcript and will make the necessary changes. it's all good!

AMCAS fixed something with my AP class- i don't think it's a big deal... i wouldn't worry :)

i really dont feel well... i remember that semester- i didn't do so hot- now my GPA will be LOWER!!!!!!!!!!!! applying to med school is a pain in the sack. i'm about to puke..

:( indeed, it is a pain. didn't you notice your gpa was a lot higher than you expected?? i kicked myself for several weeks over the two B's i got second semester sr. year, but it does no good. don't be too hard on yourself. there's nothing you can do now but hope adcoms will understand that everyone's human and makes mistakes!

lola-
marry me. i'm smart (contrary to popular belief) and have excellent hygeine... :love:
p

i'm just going to listen to music and pretend like nothing happened. screw amcas. you know the voice you hear when you call them up?? i think it was THAT guy that spoke to me on the phone. total asswipe. i was not too amused with his demeanor. he acted like he could press a button which would either fix my application and make it look stellar or just make me disappear completely from the application process. what a cock. i'm really on the verge of just quitting and working there.
p

polo

calm down kiddo :) things'll work out. and if you're stressed:

Ritalin Kids - I Feel Fine
Coldplay - Sparks
Miles Davis - It Never Entered My Mind

Three very different songs that will all make you happy. I'm sure the AMCAS dweebs will fix the prob. And i'm sure your GPA kicks ass, with or without the low semester. Can I say ass on this thing? How about ****?

:D

aaaaaaahahhahaha, can't say the s-word.....

aaasgfsdfjklhs fgjdg
dfhk jh k;ghd
agagaga
ahahahahhahahaha

s! sh! shi! ****!

i think you can say ****take mushrooms... no?

no..
some possible forms of the word:

shiite
shiz
shyt

i'll make a dedicated thread to how to get around explitives...

oh, and my gpa blows ... i mean. BLOWS

can't be as bad as mine, darleeeng

F!
FU!
FUC!
****!

jesus why is this so fun for me

Originally posted by poloace
i was just filling out secondaries and i realized that i forgot to enter an ENTIRE semester from my sophmore year

This made me --->:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chill out dude, AMCAS will take care of it.

um, there has been some confusion:

I AM A GIRL.

that is all. carry on.

pickle salt is not a girl... a woman of sorts, yes. and she's hot. it was on tv.
p