AMCAS Fee Waiver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jkai

Did anybody apply for AAMC Fee Assistance Program? I didn?t get qualified for the fee waiver, so I was wondering if anyone knows the eligibility for the program. Also, some schools accept a letter from the Financial Aid office in lieu of the FAP. I talked to my FA office today, and they are happy to write a letter for me. Has anybody tried that? What should I include on the letter? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a good question. I've heard of some schools waving secondary fees if you ask them. Anyone have any suggestions about the Financial Aid Office's letter.

Bumping this old thread with more info. Does anyone have experience asking for secondary fee waivers or reductions after not receiving AMCAS fee waiver?

Sidney Kimmel provides fee-reduction for those with a letter of support from their financial aid office who didn't ge the AMCAS fee waiver:
http://www.jefferson.edu/content/dam/tju/jmc/files/Admissions/SecondaryApplication.pdf

Cornell also does something similar:
http://weill.cornell.edu/education/admissions/app_faq.html
How can I get a waiver of your application fee?
Fee waivers are automatically granted to applicants who have an AMCAS waiver (now obtained through the AAMC Fee Assistance Program). This information is forwarded to us by AMCAS. If you were not granted a fee waiver by AMCAS, you may send us a written request for a Weill Cornell fee waiver. Fee assistance waivers from WCMC are reserved for US citizens, permanent residents and those with asylum. In your written request, you should explain in detail the reasons for the request and attach relevant documentation, as follows: a letter of support from your college's Financial Aid office; a copy of a current financial aid package; and a copy of your parents' and your last federal income tax return (if you filed). Each request will be considered on its individual merits.

Last edited: