AMCAS GPA Calculator (Revised)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello my Universities grading scale is as follows 3.6-4.0 = A; 3.0-3.5 = B; 2.0-2.9 = C; 1.0-1.9 =D
I am having a hard time choosing the correct AMCAS grade conversion from the chart that is provided on the AMCAS website. Would you be able to assist?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hey how accurate is this calculator?
Thanks

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,

I am calcualting my GPA at the moment and am using the Grading System ABCD/F (4 passing letter grades) and I dont understand what are all the letters in the white area and why is there the 26-37 numbers on the side

Thanks for any help!

So I wonder if this is the sort of document presented to an AdCom? I like that they have a graphical display of trending here... My gpa is decent enough, but I have a VERY clear upward trend in my performance through my junior and senior years.

Hello my Universities grading scale is as follows 3.6-4.0 = A; 3.0-3.5 = B; 2.0-2.9 = C; 1.0-1.9 =D
I am having a hard time choosing the correct AMCAS grade conversion from the chart that is provided on the AMCAS website. Would you be able to assist?
Thank you
Ouch.

Hey everyone,
If we withdraw from a BCPM course, do we check the box as a BCPM course when we are entering it into the calculator or no? I would think/hope not but just wanted to make sure.

Is there an easy way to get it to not graph post-bac (if we didn't complete a post-bac)?

But the spreadsheet works great!

Hey everyone,
If we withdraw from a BCPM course, do we check the box as a BCPM course when we are entering it into the calculator or no? I would think/hope not but just wanted to make sure.

It doesn't matter because a W = 0 quality points.

If you took classes after the summer after your freshman year, does it count as part of your freshman GPA or sophomore GPA?

If you took classes after the summer after your freshman year, does it count as part of your freshman GPA or sophomore GPA?

Probably freshman - I believe the AAMCAS goes by year in school, not number of credit hours.

Has anyone found a GPA calculator that doesn't involve spreadsheets? Spreadsheets freak me out, I'm pretty bad at them.

Probably freshman - I believe the AAMCAS goes by year in school, not number of credit hours.

Has anyone found a GPA calculator that doesn't involve spreadsheets? Spreadsheets freak me out, I'm pretty bad at them.

GPA is just weighted average so you can calculate them easily by:

GPA = Total Quality Points / Total Number of Credits

Where Quality Points of a Course = (Number of Credits of Course) * (Grade Value)

Good luck with that :p

(Which is why you really should use Excel since the spreadsheet nicely sorts everything out for you)

Reactions: 1 user
By the way, on this excel spreadsheet, it looks like a B+ was set to a 3.5 for whatever reason. AMCAS calculates a B+ as a 3.3.

GPA is just weighted average so you can calculate them easily by:

GPA = Total Quality Points / Total Number of Credits

Where Quality Points of a Course = (Number of Credits of Course) * (Grade Value)

Good luck with that :p

(Which is why you really should use Excel since the spreadsheet nicely sorts everything out for you)

I really probably should learn how to work with spreadsheets. Lol

AMCAS terms start in the summer so technically it would be sophomore year:
Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 11.02.04 AM.png

However, you are allowed to classify your years based on credit hours. This is pertinent if you came in with a good deal of AP credit.
Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 11.02.24 AM.png
My understanding is that there is some leniency with classifying what "year" you were in. I would personally go with sophomore year because it seems pretty clear from the AMCAS guide.

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/182162/data/amcas_instruction_manual.pdf

Thank you.
I have a question, at my community college, gen chemistry was 5 credits, but at my university, gen chem was 4 credits
what should I put in this excel document?

Is this BCPM calculator still accurate? Calculated my GPA using this and I am hoping it is still accurate/relevant since post is almost 10 years old.

Thanks, looks pretty much identical except for the B+ and C+ values being changed.
Another question: Where it asks for number of unit hours on transcript, does that mean where I put the credits or should I be looking for another value?