AMCAS grade conversion problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy, good people. I wonder if anyone might have an opinion on a dilemna of mine.

The AMCAS application refuses to acknowledge all of the grades and credits from one of my universities (70 credits). It won't convert my OT grade to AMCAS grade, and it wants to call my credits "supplemental hours". AMCAS has instructed me to go ahead and submit it and they will fix the problem.

Is this going to be to my disadvantage, or what?

Members don't see this ad.

Same exact issue and same response from AMCAS. Anyone else?

I have the same problem for one of my universities. Called AMCAS and the rep said yes, it's a bug and to just enter the data correctly. They'll fix everything as they have to validate every grade anyways.

*Crossing my fingers, hope the person who validates that transcript isn't a ******

gobruins

Hello,

Thanks for checking with AMCAS.

I'm having the same problem, after entering all my OT grades, they don't calculate a GPA for me. In fact, the only OT grade that automatically gets converted to an AMCAS grade is a fail in first year! It'd be funny if I wasn't so stressed.

I'm at a Canadian University, does that have anything to do with this "bug"?