AMCAS Grade Conversion Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DeMoNdOgDFM

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I have searched the forum and looked at the 2012 AMCAS Grade Conversion guide but I want to make sure I am reading it correctly. My school uses the A/A-/B+/B/B-/etc grading scale and already assigns a 4.0 to an A, 3.7 to an A-, 3.3 to a B+, etc. Does this mean that my school GPA will not change/be converted at all when I plug my grades into AMCAS?

Also, how do AP credits factor into the AMCAS GPA?
 
Hey guys, I have searched the forum and looked at the 2012 AMCAS Grade Conversion guide but I want to make sure I am reading it correctly. My school uses the A/A-/B+/B/B-/etc grading scale and already assigns a 4.0 to an A, 3.7 to an A-, 3.3 to a B+, etc. Does this mean that my school GPA will not change/be converted at all when I plug my grades into AMCAS?

Also, how do AP credits factor into the AMCAS GPA?

1) That's a fair statement to make.
2) AP credits do not factor into your GPA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wtf, I had tons of AP credit and didn't get A's..I wish I had the same luck as you and codeblu.

yeah i was totally surprised when i saw my verified amcas app come back like that? I have no idea why, i sure didn't tell them to
 
All I can guess at is that you didn't mark the courses as AP, but whatevs. Good on ya. 🙂