AMCAS Grade Conversion Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeMoNdOgDFM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have searched the forum and looked at the 2012 AMCAS Grade Conversion guide but I want to make sure I am reading it correctly. My school uses the A/A-/B+/B/B-/etc grading scale and already assigns a 4.0 to an A, 3.7 to an A-, 3.3 to a B+, etc. Does this mean that my school GPA will not change/be converted at all when I plug my grades into AMCAS?

Also, how do AP credits factor into the AMCAS GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I have searched the forum and looked at the 2012 AMCAS Grade Conversion guide but I want to make sure I am reading it correctly. My school uses the A/A-/B+/B/B-/etc grading scale and already assigns a 4.0 to an A, 3.7 to an A-, 3.3 to a B+, etc. Does this mean that my school GPA will not change/be converted at all when I plug my grades into AMCAS?

Also, how do AP credits factor into the AMCAS GPA?

1) That's a fair statement to make.
2) AP credits do not factor into your GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) That's a fair statement to make.
2) AP credits do not factor into your GPA.

wrong, for some reason, if your ap credits are on your transcript, they give you A's. seriously

I can verify this. :)

yeah now I don't feel like saying much more about it after reading that AMCAS document, but i'm glad codeblu had the same miracle happen

I can verify this. :)

Why did you take down your MDApps? I wanna see where you get in! I stalk you and Nick Naylor religiously

wrong, for some reason, if your ap credits are on your transcript, they give you A's. seriously

I did not get A's for my AP credit. I got the letter designation G. :confused:

Why did you take down your MDApps? I wanna see where you get in! I stalk you and Nick Naylor religiously

Codeblue is famous :D and nicknaylor is in med school already :confused:

wtf, I had tons of AP credit and didn't get A's..I wish I had the same luck as you and codeblu.

yeah i was totally surprised when i saw my verified amcas app come back like that? I have no idea why, i sure didn't tell them to

All I can guess at is that you didn't mark the courses as AP, but whatevs. Good on ya. :)