AMCAS grade conversion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bumpus79

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm totally confused. Ok so I'm entering my grades on the AMCAS application from Undergrad/Grad/etc. The thing is, though, through my "travels", I've taken courses at several universities. Each university uses a slightly different grading scheme.

My home school uses 1 credit/course, with 0.5 credits and 1.5 credit courses as well.

One place where I did summer courses uses 4 credit hours/course while another uses 3.

The place where I took post-bacc type courses was on a quarter system and uses 3 credits/course with 1 and 2 credits as well.

So how the heck do I enter these on the AMCAS application and how/will the AMCAS normalize all of these in the end.

If someone can advise, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm totally confused. Ok so I'm entering my grades on the AMCAS application from Undergrad/Grad/etc. The thing is, though, through my "travels", I've taken courses at several universities. Each university uses a slightly different grading scheme.

My home school uses 1 credit/course, with 0.5 credits and 1.5 credit courses as well.

One place where I did summer courses uses 4 credit hours/course while another uses 3.

The place where I took post-bacc type courses was on a quarter system and uses 3 credits/course with 1 and 2 credits as well.

So how the heck do I enter these on the AMCAS application and how/will the AMCAS normalize all of these in the end.

If someone can advise, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks.:confused:

1) Enter them exactly as they appear on the transcripts.

2) Refer to the grade conversion guide here: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/181676/data/amcas_grade_conversion_guide.pdf

Please confine further AMCAS-related questions to the appropriate thread (found in the sticky at the top of this forum) rather than starting a new one.