AMCAS Mistake: I put June 2015 as end date for all my ongoing 2016 cycle of Works/Activities AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedcandidate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After I submitted my primary AMCAS app, I realized that I had put June 2015 as the end date for all my ongoing work/activities for the 2016 cycle of the AMCAS instead of August 2016 as instructed. I know this is my own fault, I would just like some advice on how to proceed with the application process.

Should I withdraw my application? Is there something I can do to change this? Do I just email the schools about the error when they receive my primary application? Thank you in advance for any advice that you can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

Call the AMCAS phone number and ask them how to adjust it.

I thought you can't actually put an end-date that is past when you submit your AMCAS. I tried for my continuing activities and it wouldn't let me (in early june). I just left a note in my description that i was continuing the activity.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought you can't actually put an end-date that is past when you submit your AMCAS. I tried for my continuing activities and it wouldn't let me (in early june). I just left a note in my description that i was continuing the activity.
You have to start an activity before the date, but you can end after.
My employment I put in 2 dates, Feb 2014 to May, 2015, then did the repeat function for May 2015 - May 2016.

After submitting, you can't change it, sadly.

Last edited:
After I submitted my primary AMCAS app, I realized that I had put June 2015 as the end date for all my ongoing work/activities for the 2016 cycle of the AMCAS instead of August 2016 as instructed. I know this is my own fault, I would just like some advice on how to proceed with the application process.

Should I withdraw my application? Is there something I can do to change this? Do I just email the schools about the error when they receive my primary application? Thank you in advance for any advice that you can provide.

I really doubt it will be a problem. I think reviewers will be much more interested in what you have already done than what you say you're going to do. I also think they're smart enough to realize you aren't quitting all of your activities in 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
I really doubt it will be a problem. I think reviewers will be much more interested in what you have already done than what you say you're going to do. I also think they're smart enough to realize you aren't quitting all of your activities in 2 weeks.

This, and they are probably going to ask you what you are doing right now anyways in an interview. Also secondaries usually ask you what you are doing right now.

If I enter the verification queue with my primiary application and all my transcripts submitted...does that automatically count me as a reapplicant in the future?

If I enter the verification queue with my primiary application and all my transcripts submitted...does that automatically count me as a reapplicant in the future?
Why did you bump this

Reactions: 1 user