AMCAS Mistakes 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

slumberjack

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just looked at my AMCAS after reviewing it maybe 1000 times before timidly pressing the submit button today. Of course, I found a class that is supposed to be in my junior year which is listed as my sophomore. I know it isnt totally egregious but still, wtf AMCAS gods.

No one has done this thread in awhile it looks like, so post your AMCAS mistakes here. The winner (/loser?) for the worst mistake gets a virtual highfive :highfive: and humiliation in front of your peers.
 
Last edited:
A part of my most meaningful activities was supposed to say "...your mother abhor..." but instead says "...your mother *****..."
 
Soon to be in this thread: a bunch of pre-meds lying about things that never happened. I'll start: I meant to write "I went to the hospital every day for the whole summer to volunteer in the pediatric department", but by accident I wrote "I watched porn every day for that summer for about 3 hours at a time." can i still get into med school guyz?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...Shouldn't this be known as the "AMCAS Mistakes 2013" thread? As it stands I should be participating but I am pretty sure you're talking people who have just submitted.... You're all part of the 2013 cycle. 2012 cycle is basically over.

That said... umm.... actually, no real big mistakes here. AMCAS did cut off a period on a couple of my descriptions (which I only discovered after the fact, but the character counts were right with the period...oh well). I also have Wake Forest's website basically eat my secondary essay and turn it into a long string of BS with random characters inserted in random places. I probably should have called them to fix it (since they never interviewed me), but I didn't...oh well.

...But my biggest "mistake" was not claiming my URM status. Yeah... could have gotten a nice scholarship with that one... oh well. (Boo hoo....)
 
...Shouldn't this be known as the "AMCAS Mistakes 2013" thread? As it stands I should be participating but I am pretty sure you're talking people who have just submitted.... You're all part of the 2013 cycle. 2012 cycle is basically over.

True Story, changed.
 
So I just looked at my AMCAS after reviewing it maybe 1000 times before timidly pressing the submit button today. Of course, I found a class that is supposed to be in my junior year which is listed as my sophomore. I know it isnt totally egregious but still, wtf AMCAS gods.

No one has done this thread in awhile it looks like, so post your AMCAS mistakes here. The winner (/loser?) for the worst mistake gets a virtual highfive :highfive: and humiliation in front of your peers.

I made a similar mistake when I submitted my app. They fixed it in the verification process without having it returned to me ... don't worry about it.
 
I made a similar mistake when I submitted my app. They fixed it in the verification process without having it returned to me ... don't worry about it.

Agree. I had my military coursework on mine and they counted all the hours before I even entered college they had me down as a senior from the get go going into college. So they had to switch 90% of my coursework to senior status. No worries.
 
Small piece of advice from somebody who's been in your shoes before:

Never read your primary app after you've submitted it!

Unless you have a February interview and have totally forgotten what you've written by then...
 
Small piece of advice from somebody who's been in your shoes before:

Never read your primary app after you've submitted it!

Unless you have a February interview and have totally forgotten what you've written by then...

This can't be emphasized enough, nothing good will come of this, only misery and regret.
 
Small piece of advice from somebody who's been in your shoes before:

Never read your primary app after you've submitted it!

Unless you have a February interview and have totally forgotten what you've written by then...

Shouldn't we still review it a bit even for sept/oct/nov interviews? Of course not to commiserate on what mistakes were made, but to refresh our memories...