AMCAS "publications" for a last-author paper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed23456

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

A research project that I contributed to got published recently in PLOS Medicine (it's published and searchable to the public) where the "Study Team" is listed as the last author. Then at the bottom of the paper under an "acknowledgements" section it says "the members of the study team not mentioned in the author line includes..." and then lists the specific members of the study team, where my name is explicitly stated.

Should I put this on the AMCAS as a separate "publication" or should I just mention it as part or the "research/lab" activity? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

A research project that I contributed to got published recently in PLOS Medicine (it's published and searchable to the public) where the "Study Team" is listed as the last author. Then at the bottom of the paper under an "acknowledgements" section it says "the members of the study team not mentioned in the author line includes..." and then lists the specific members of the study team, where my name is explicitly stated.

Should I put this on the AMCAS as a separate "publication" or should I just mention it as part or the "research/lab" activity?
Mention it under the Research entry where you discuss your role with the project, to keep your contributions in context.

Reactions: 1 user
If you were one of the authors (that is, the name list under the title), then I think you should create a separate entry as "publication."

If you're one of the names in the acknowledgement, no separate entry, but mention it in your research activity description.

Reactions: 2 users