AMCAS "publications" for a last-author paper?

Started by premed23456
Tags Tags
amcas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premed23456

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

A research project that I contributed to got published recently in PLOS Medicine (it's published and searchable to the public) where the "Study Team" is listed as the last author. Then at the bottom of the paper under an "acknowledgements" section it says "the members of the study team not mentioned in the author line includes..." and then lists the specific members of the study team, where my name is explicitly stated.

Should I put this on the AMCAS as a separate "publication" or should I just mention it as part or the "research/lab" activity? Thank you!
 
Hey all,

A research project that I contributed to got published recently in PLOS Medicine (it's published and searchable to the public) where the "Study Team" is listed as the last author. Then at the bottom of the paper under an "acknowledgements" section it says "the members of the study team not mentioned in the author line includes..." and then lists the specific members of the study team, where my name is explicitly stated.

Should I put this on the AMCAS as a separate "publication" or should I just mention it as part or the "research/lab" activity?
Mention it under the Research entry where you discuss your role with the project, to keep your contributions in context.