• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

asdabc123

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi, I'm new here so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I've also seen people ask similar questions, but not exactly the same.
I'm currently filling out my AMCAS, and my weakest spot is in clinical experience. However, this summer I will be doing clinically relevant research at a very well-known med school (and in-state for me, so a possible dream school), as well as volunteering at a hospital. The thing is, I will maybe have started the volunteering and possibly like one day of the research when I submit my primary app (if all goes according to plan), because I plan to submit at the beginning of June. Can I put this on my application as starting in June and going into the future?

Also, is it necessary to fill out future classes on AMCAS if I've already taken all my pre-med requirements? (I'm a rising senior)

Thanks!

Espressso

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2016
blood-brain barrier
Status
Medical Student
About the Ads